The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ELECTRIC CHAIRS - PAUL ROBERTS (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
I hace been doing the chair routine for 30 years and as a finisher it cant be beat. Its the one single thing I get asked to do again and again.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Marqus
View Profile
Special user
899 Posts

Profile of Marqus
I have no knowledge as to how any electric chair routine works but I've always wanted to add it to my act.

I am very close to buying Paul Roberts 2-DVD set because I'm also interested in some of the other effects on the set.

I am not fishing for the method but does the electric chair routine involve actual electronics or altering the chairs?
Can borrowed chairs be used?

Like I've said, I have no knowledge of this & it fools me. Still, I have my hopes up that if I buy the DVD set for the electric chair routine, I'll be able to use it in my act. The other effects are 'desserts' for me to enjoy.

Feel free to PM me if needed.
Thanks
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
928 Posts

Profile of Martino
Marqus,

Any chairs can be used.
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
Marqus
View Profile
Special user
899 Posts

Profile of Marqus
Martino,

Thanks!
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Paul's routine will be available in February.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
tasteofmagic
View Profile
Regular user
United Kingdom
125 Posts

Profile of tasteofmagic
This is available now
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On 2013-12-05 06:20, tasteofmagic wrote:
This is available now

It is and is very good.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
majura1
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of majura1
I just got this and was very disappointed . Pauls routine has no clarity of effect when compared to Paul Daniels routine. For instance he mixes up the electric chair effect with a hand stuck and hand raise which is confusing --even to the helpers. His method is nothing new and not subtle.
His other effects are fine but the electric chairs routine needs to be done on just one person--two at the most and only the jumping up repeated a few more times as it gets funnier due to the repetition. This routine they only jump once and that spoils the whole comedy effect. Nothing new is added in this routine and the structure is a great example of what not to do. Sorry Paul just my opinion and I wish it were otherwise.
MBrook3902
View Profile
Loyal user
Naples, FL & Hickory, NC
202 Posts

Profile of MBrook3902
Couldn't agree with you more majura1. I bought this, watched it, thought "you've got to be kidding me". There's no way I'd use this. Sold it immediately.

MB
It takes 4 to 6 minutes for the brain to die without oxygen. I can fix anything in that amount of time.
majura1
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of majura1
Just to soften my post about the electric chairs. I went out and performed Pauls Pet effect and it killed---worth the price of the DVD---just forget the Chair routine and look at all the other good stuff.
thorin_10
View Profile
New user
Bilbao, Basque Country
58 Posts

Profile of thorin_10
Does this routine need an Electronic Chair? Does the DVD explain a method to do it yourself?
tasteofmagic
View Profile
Regular user
United Kingdom
125 Posts

Profile of tasteofmagic
No you don't need an electronic chair and its a full instructional DVD tahnk you for your question
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I liked watching it a great deal - very funny.

I assume this is using some kind of I *S* type situation. In any event it is brilliant.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
thorin_10
View Profile
New user
Bilbao, Basque Country
58 Posts

Profile of thorin_10
Thank you
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ELECTRIC CHAIRS - PAUL ROBERTS (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL