The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Magic with turtles, any ideas? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

hady.87
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of hady.87
Each month we choose a theme for our birthday parties, next month will be animal.
I perform for dove,fish,rabbit and we need at least one more animal I thought of using turtle because kids love it and it's calmm.

I searched over they internet but I didn't find something related to turtles.
any ideas for that?
www.hadyakiki.com
will turn your mind upside down
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Doug Henning once produced a small turtle as a kicker to (I think) a matrix-type routine with seashells. This was on a talk show, possibly Joan Rivers.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1724 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
There's a nice idea in the book "Foundations" by Eberhard Riese using a turtle in a card-trick.

To give you a little hint : Do you know the german book "Momo" from Michael Ende ? The same author of "The never ending Story".

Oliver.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
If you see a turtle without a shell, is it naked, or homeless?

When I was living in COLON (MI) the local joke was about the turtle that was mugged by two snails. When THE town cop asked the turtle for details, the turtle replied, "I don't know. --It all happened so fast!"
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Alexo
View Profile
Regular user
Long Island, NY
112 Posts

Profile of Alexo
Keep in mind in many states it's now illegal to sell turtles unless they are over 4 inches long. The issue was a lot of parents gave them to young kids who would put them in their mouths and get salmonella poisoning.
With that said it probably would be a novel idea although I'd recommend using a small tortoise like a Russian or Greek tortoise as they're easier to take care of and stay smaller than a water turtle, with many productions suited for rabbits. Just see if you can put in a heat chemical warmer (not in direct contact) so the little guy doesn't freeze. and have hand sanitizer if the kids wanna pet him.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
When I was a kid, they used to sell small turtles at the dime store. A lot of them had stuff painted on their backs. I'm sure if the local health departments didn't have their say, then the SPCA or PETA would. YIKES!!

I have had turtles as pets, both box and sliders. I think it was actually illegal to have them as they were wild caught. They were later released, though. Box turtles are far easier to raise. Sliders are semi-aquatic and quite smelly.

@ Dick: another joke... What did the snail say when he was riding on a turtle's back?

Wheeeeeeee!!
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
HA! I'll add Wheeee to the turtle joke "collection"!!! Oops,I left out a "couple" of eeeeS!

Yes, I remember those little turtles with 'souvenir of Escanaba, Michigan' (etc.). Their plastrons (ha--I remember the difference between carapace and plastron--I think) OK, their little bellies had markings like Chinese characters .

I'm "old" circus. PETA!!! YUK!!! All they do is solicit money, so they can pay their own salaries. VERY LITTLE ever finds its way to the supposed beneficiaries.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
oddityprodigy
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of oddityprodigy
Water turtles pee on you as a defense when they get scared. Make sure you work with it for a while otherwise you or the front row might get drenched.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Try combining a turtle production with a "Haunted Hank" (Wizards' Journal #16), in which it seems the turtle might have been the cause of the action under the handkerchief and you are finally found out at last when the turtle shows up.

If your turtle is a walker when surrounded by people, you could use it to find a chosen card from a one-way deck spread out before it. If your turtle just hides in its shell, you can still use it to spin the turtle to find the card.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Magic with turtles, any ideas? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL