The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Jeimin Lee's Color Changing Tie (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Exclusive at Vanishing Inc.

Demo:

Color Changing Tie click here

"Josh saw Jeimin Lee perform this effect at his stand a convention in Europe. It is made only by the creator and we obtained exclusive American rights to sell it".
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1480 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
FYI, before I get accused of copying when my tie comes out, I came up with it years ago. Jeimin just beat me to it. Slightly different mechanics but similar too!

Here is mine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wig_U8WqdGg
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-10-24 20:12, Angelo Carbone wrote:
FYI, before I get accused of copying when my tie comes out, I came up with it years ago. Jeimin just beat me to it. Slightly different mechanics but similar too!

Here is mine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wig_U8WqdGg

I prefer like the look of yours.
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1480 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
Thanks! Just checked through old files and emails of magicians enquiring about my tie. Dates back to 2007.
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I really like the Color Changing tie. I 1st heard about it when Russ Walsh put one out on the market. Then many years later a comedy magician marketed one and it was a nice silk tie. Not automatic, you had to wipe both your hands over it, but is worked.

Now the demo video look very magical, and I would jump on it, but the picture of the ties they are selling on the Vanishing Inc. website look nothing like the ties in the video demonstration. They look like cheap plastic junk. I would never be caught with such a bad looking tie. If Jeimin Lee comes out like the one he is wearing in the demo, I would buy it, but not that cheap stiff plastic, thing with black strips on the side that just looks like trash.

I take this as Jeimin Lee wants to keep the good model for himself. How do I get a real cloth tie like in the demo Jeimin Lee is wearing?
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I agree. The look/quality of the ties is critical. Love the effect but ties are so personal, I doubt I will ever buy a tie trick unless it is fully customizable.
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
I'm kind of put off by the look as well but would bite the bullet if I knew more about it.

Is this something that one can just wear at a meeting and do pretty easily? The copy mentions magnets and reels so not sure if it requires a lot of work to pull off or not.

Not that I mind the work mind you, but for me, I would be wearing this mainly at business meetings so I wouldn't want to focus too much on complicated moves and methods. Would prefer it to be a bit more on the self working side for the way I would plan to use it.

If not, then it's not for me, but the effect does indeed look great.
GeneTony
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of GeneTony
The tie in the demo looks normal. The actual tie being sold looks like a clown tie or a kids toy. Seriously? This could easily be made properly, but somebody cheaped out big time.

That being said, it's a great effect, and the device itself probably works great (I don't have it, so don't know for sure).
Some think Houdini used trap doors in his act, but he was just going through a stage.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I like Josh and Andi at Vanishing Inc. but I think Angelo Carbone's looked better.
Misophoniac
View Profile
New user
Building a fence & still not done after
98 Posts

Profile of Misophoniac
I wonder if the gimmicked tie can be disassembled and reverse engineered so I could make it myself with a proper tie. My seamster/tailoring skills are pretty good.
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1772 Posts

Profile of SIX
I wrote a whole routine for this, and now seeing the ties just ruined it Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Jeimin Lee's Color Changing Tie (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL