The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Getting back in to Magic - London (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ninjamonkey
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Ninjamonkey
Hello,

Growing up I was a HUGE magic fan, I have always maintained an interest but my skill has dwindled and these days I pull off a couple of very basic cards tricks with friends every now and then but quickly run out.

Recently I have started to work my way through Royal Road to Card Magic and have been enjoying picking up some old sleights.

This weekend I had to clear out loads of stuff from my parents house after a move and I hit the jackpot - all of my old tricks and props. 3 or 4 boxes full with everything I spent every penny I could possibly muster as a kid. Some of the tricks are more stage tricks - vanishing boxes, rope tricks, silk tricks, bottle tricks etc. The sort of thing I loved playing with as a kid. I also have a pile of old magic magazines ranging from 1923 to 1984 (Magic Circular, The Gen, Demon Telegraph), I honestly don't even know where these came from but this would have been the sort of thing I might not have invested time in as a kid.

The big jazzy stage tricks have been packed away and now I'm working my way through a pile of card trick instructions and other close up tricks. Most of it I don't even recognize!

I am hoping to work through and practice some new tricks. Some of the tricks are without instructions and it seems a shame to let them go to waste. If there is a relevant section on here I will post the props and any other clues and maybe someone will be willing to point me in the right direction so I can work out what they are for!

Anyway - Hi!
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome Ninjamonkey,

What a fun find!

I think if you post a photo of the apparatus (please don't show any gaffus) in the appropriate forum with your questions someone will probably be able to help, either in the forum or in a Private Message (PM). It seems like "The Little Darlings" or "Boxes, Tubes and Bags" would be good fora to ask about the non card Magic.

Bill Hegbil is a GREAT source of help but a little crusty so treat him nicely. LOL

Good Luck!

-Mary Mowder
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Getting back in to Magic - London (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL