The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Happy Thanksgiving!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I want to wish a Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Who has plans? Travel, cooking, eating, drinking and watching football??

I will be visiting my family about an hour away. Cold here, but should be otherwise OK. Better weather than those east of here.

My duties: I am making an apple pie, a pumpkin pie, sweet potatoes and jello salad. My brother and sister are handling the other traditional eats. Nothing out of the ordinary.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Same to you Michael.
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
Happy Thanksgiving Michael! And everyone!

We have so much to be thankful for, as usual. A new home, our health, our family, kitty memes.

Our house is in disarray due to a room addition in progress so we aren't cooking. We might go out- we don't know. It will still be a great day with family Smile

I made one of my favorite pies- graham cracker crust, a layer of sweetened cream cheese topped by a layer of chocolate pudding.

Have a great day all and God bless Smile
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Profile of General_Magician
Happy Thanksgiving Mike!

Quote:
We have so much to be thankful for, as usual. A new home, our health, our family, kitty memes.

I agree! Happy Thanksgiving to you too!
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Once again I've successfully managed to avoid the last remenants of my biological family. So I'll be spending a quiet Thanksgiving at home with my wife.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Back at ya Michael and everyone else here.

My wife and I have been childless by choice for forty-one years; our siblings and all that go with them are scattered about the country and so we will be enjoying our Thanksgiving dinner at a wonderful restaurant in Rehoboth Beach tomorrow.

And Michael, you were a few steps ahead of me and my Thanksgiving well wishes. So rather than begin a new thread, I was going to add, let's not forget our American expatriates living and working abroad, where in most places, Thanksgiving isn't celebrated (Canada, I believe observes Thanksgiving in October). The holidays can be lonely for those Americans living abroad during this season, so let's keep them in our thoughts as well.

And then there's the soldiers, sailors, airmen, marines and coast guard. Let's thank them for their service and remember them on this special day.
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Good nod for our service men and women, Bob! On a somewhat smaller scale, I have to think about all those who had their lives completely uprooted by the recent storms here (and anywhere else that is suffering). A lot of people will be having Thanksgiving dinner in shelters where I would imagine the top of their list of things to be thankful for is simply being alive.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Happy thanksgiving, one and all!
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Happy Thanksgiving, I hope y'all are able to spend the holiday with the people you love.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Enjoy it, everyone!

It's probably the most American holiday of all holidays. So think a moment about those Americans who aren't at home: service men and women, for example. And me and Vlad. I don't want pity. I want PIE!

Don't get none this year. Smile

But my son is coming in a few minutes, and that is wonderful!
Kaneda
View Profile
New user
Keithville, LA
81 Posts

Profile of Kaneda
Happy Thanksgiving everyone hope you enjoy your holiday with friends and family.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On 2013-11-27 23:09, Michael Baker wrote:
Good nod for our service men and women, Bob! On a somewhat smaller scale, I have to think about all those who had their lives completely uprooted by the recent storms here (and anywhere else that is suffering). A lot of people will be having Thanksgiving dinner in shelters where I would imagine the top of their list of things to be thankful for is simply being alive.

Amen.
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1339 Posts

Profile of imgic
Happy Turkey Day all. Will be doing our traditional grilled turkey and wife's world famous stuffing. Hope you all have a great day.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Happy Thanksgiving!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL