The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Is this thing on? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JEFFC
View Profile
New user
RI
70 Posts

Profile of JEFFC
Greetings, I don't know what an IRQ or AIM or BBcode (or many other things) are. Hopefully I'm outting this message up and where it is supposed to be. I've never joined a forum(?)(is that what the Café is?). I read the rules and am guessing that I was a lurker for a couple of days, although the title is not all that comfortable, so here I am. Also, not thrilled with the grammar rules due to my typing skills, but I will endeavor. I've been teaching (Machine Shop)for eight years, and it was probably about that time that I broke out my +-30 year old pack of TV Magic Cards in order to liven up the theory room a little bit. I probably dabbled now and then when my kids were young, but not much. I gradually increased my repertoire (had to go to the dictionary for that one - HEY I'm a shop teacher) from the cards and the french drop (?) to a few more gimmicks. A trip to Florida and the purchase of a levitating card gave me the bug again. Christmas vacation gave me the time to find this most interesting site and hopefully I will be able to visit before April vacation. Be gentle.
Jeff
dreidy
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney, Australia
156 Posts

Profile of dreidy
Jeff,

Welcome, I teach too (Science, Computer Programming and Law) and use magic in class quite often. It's sometimes a tough audience, but I've found the kids really enjoy it. It's also nice having a 'built-in' audience. Have fun with it.

David.
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi Jeff,

It's good to have you join us at the Café. It's a bit overwhelming at first ...so many post to read and where to start? You could try New to Magic as that forum gives great advice on what books or DVD's to start your once again interest in magic. Don't hesitate to post or ask questions as the Café is a friendly place.

I know you have a lot of patience as do all Machine Shop teachers!!! Plus you have steady hands I'm sure which is an advantage! Have fun at the Café and welcome! Smile
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Hi! Welcome! I'm fairly new to the Café, and I'm having a blast!
Sounds like you're pretty new to magic, and all I can say is we all gotta start somewhere! This is a great time to learn magic. Thousands of tricks available for the purchasing. Remember, the journey of a thousand miles......

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1439 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Hi Jeff Smile Smile Smile
Welcome to the best Café on trhge net. The Café has something to offer to anyone no matter what the level of interest he has about magic... You will like it here and will find many new friends around the world.
This place is like a "never ending convention of magic" so type and enjoy... Please have a cup of strong Turkish coffee on my bill while you begin to type your next post.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Is this thing on? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL