The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Daniels work to be released (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
957 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
I agree with you Toms192. I looked forward to watching the Paul Daniels show many years ago. what ever people say about him Paul was a great entertainer and showman and certainly had the gift of the gab,which you need to have when performing to people.Before Paul (when I was much younger) Was a genleman with a softer approach was David Nixon,it was watching magicians like these that gave me the subliminal messages to want to learn and become a magician.

Graham
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Spot on! David Berglas used to mesmerise us on the Paul Daniels show, as I recall. Mr Daniels is a consumate magician. I will be buying this release, as he has been a typically stingey Yorkshireman in the past in terms of sharing his material.

(Quite right too, but I hope this the "real work", Paul!)

I have a very fond memory of going to a friend's birthday party, and we all went to see Paul Daniels at the local theatre. He popped into the nearby burger joint after the show and signed autographs for us all and did a trick or two. Good bloke.

People can think what they like of him. But I would urge all magicians to watch him perform not only the Chop Cup, but also Card to Wallet, and many other things besides. And that is not to mention some truly fantastic illusions. I will never approach that sort of magic, but watching clips of his big illusions still blows me away. He designed many of them, don't forget. The man's a dude, and anyone who disagrees can meet me outside, where I have a paid bodyguard who'll give you a kicking. ;-)

PS I once sent him a DF card to get his and Debbie's sigs on, for a pimped Anniversary Waltz. They were doing the Edinburgh Festival, and I still had the card within a few days. Lovely folk.
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
957 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
Also not to forget the comedy on the show....Remember the chimpanzee looking into the box what paul gave to him or her got the chimp thinking another chimp behind the box just by putting a mirror inside the box.What a mixture of entertainment he had on the show...Brilliant.

Graham
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Fantastic. What memories! He was and is a brilliant entertainer.

And here's the Card to Wallet. It's a f****** masterclass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBR6ZatHbWE

And if you'll forgive the bad N'Awlins accent, which is a challenge, just watch what he does next....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1wT9ggwU9s

Enjoy,

Tom
Trin
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of Trin
Really looking forward to this set. Any more news on the release date?
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Sashac
I must admit, he was fantastic! (probably still is!)
deanbarlow
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of deanbarlow
Hi guys,
Anybody know the name of the matrix effect he performs with the bandana and the two pieces of card?
*double-A-magic*
View Profile
Loyal user
Cheshire, England, UK
255 Posts

Profile of *double-A-magic*
For those interested in this, I got a reply today from EMC when asking if it was going to be released at Blackpool.....

"BRAVURA is going to be amazing... Please give us another month... Smile"
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice."
<BR>
<BR>- Joseph Dunninger -
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Thanks for the update. Smile
AKMan
View Profile
New user
Covington, WA
56 Posts

Profile of AKMan
He’s brilliant and hilarious. I’ve seen him in the states and across the pond on his own turf. He keeps his audience amazed and at the same time in stitches. I can’t wait for this set to come out.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Mr. Daniels is my favourite magician of all time. Everything he does is so stylish and classy, and the humour he uses is great. He isn't afraid of using both sleight of hand as well as gimmicked, almost self working miracles like Tenyo's Parabox or Alan Warner's Enigmatic. He's a born entertainer; it is remarkable to see how he sometimes elevates a normal, standard trick to new heights, just by wrapping a wonderfull routine and story around it.
He knows what magic is all about: entertaining your audience.

What great it was to see his weekly show on the BBC, it was a real 'show' and everything made sense, even the classy 'stage' and the clothes he wore, often different for each effect. He didn't need fancy light-, laser- and smoke effects, rambling music and sound, he was pure.

For those who don't know yet, he has his own Youtube Channel where he often gives some great advise. Very sad to see his house being flooded the last couple of weeks due to the rain in Britain, I hope he and Debbie are OK and they were able to rescue their personal belongings in time.
chappy
View Profile
Special user
764 Posts

Profile of chappy
I completely agree with what Mike said earlier

"If everyone on the Café performed for a lay public audience and Mr Daniels was on the same bill, he would get the most laughs, applause and fool people the most."

I've been lucky enough to meet Paul and talk with him on several occasions and there is noone more capable of wowing a crowd of any size. He is a born entertainer.
FARO FUNDAMENTALS, DETAILS OF DECEPTION and THE DEVIL'S STAIRCASE at www.thedevilsstaircase.com
riju1985
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of riju1985
EMC posted on Facebook
"PAUL DANIELS BRAVURA"
Finally, the greatest cabaret act in magic is explained by its creator.Paul Daniels. This is the act that made Paul Daniels Britain's top club magician. The act that made him a star on the television. The act that enabled him to tour the world. It is also the act that made many people, including me, want to become a professional magician. The Electric Chairs, the Chop Cup, Note in Egg, Lemon and Walnut and everything else you ever wanted to know is all here. Paul Daniels shares the secrets that have made him one of the world's leading magicians. I'm really proud to present Paul Daniel's Bravura to the magic community.
LUID DE MATO"

Priced at 150$
same as the other EMC produced albums.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
This is getting closer, release date around 22nd May check it out http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/new-magic/p......ura.html
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Special user
Changing the world with my
988 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
So here is a simple concept, the next 4 pieces of tat you are tempted to buy, don't. Save your money and buy Paul's DVDs, you'll learn a heck of a lot more.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
I can't see anyone disagreeing with that, but then you never know!
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Daniels work to be released (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL