The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Feeling burnt out (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

lyndonwebb
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of lyndonwebb
I have been feeling magically burnt out of late (just had no enthusiasm at all), so I would like to apologise to all for not posting anything for ages.
I hope you have all had a good xmas and hopefully I will be able to come up with something soon.
cheers Smile
John Smetana
View Profile
???? - 2009
499 Posts

Profile of John Smetana
Lyndon, I think it happens to a lot of us. Sometimes it's good to just walk away for while and when the "urge" comes back..you'll feel good about it.

Best thoughts,
John Smetana Smile
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Don't feel bad about not posting. Burnout happens to all of us once in a while. Don't try to force the magic out. You will only get a hernia.

Smile
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
lyndonwebb
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of lyndonwebb
Thanx and I must say I feel a little better after watching T.H.E.M = TOTALLY HIDDEN EXTREME MAGIC and I love the whole concept of the idea. Anyone else catch it? Smile
stphotog
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of stphotog
No what is it?
lyndonwebb
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of lyndonwebb
A "Band" of magicians who pull of tricks on un-suspecting public in a style like candid camera, sort of magic reality tv it was on sky one here in UK, but keeps being repeated on Sky One Mix.
Caleb Strange
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
676 Posts

Profile of Caleb Strange
Yeah, I saw it. Not quite my style, but I DID rather enjoy it, and I think that there's probably a lot more mileage left in the concept.

I really liked the weird up-the-wall levitation in the lift (elevator) - very scary - and there were several other inspired bits: the quick-change act in the clothes store springs to mind Smile.

I think the principle danger of the format is that it would be all to easy to descend into the 'look how smart I am, I fooled ya' magician's mentality - however, I thought, on the whole, the programme makers avoided that. The show was more about giving people a weird experience and tweaking their sense of reality, rather than finding victims to play practical jokes on.

I'd certainly watch another show. (Incidentally, whoever came up with the 'I'm one of THEM...' line, that so wonderfully extended people's confusion and astonishment before this enigmatic acronym was explained, bravo!)

Regards,

Caleb Strange.

P.S. lyndonwebb, I'm glad the show recharged your magical batteries, so to speak Smile. I'd guess that we've all been disenchanted with the art, at sometime or another.

The lovely film Amelie reminded me of the alchemy of wonder when I was at a similar low-ebb.
-- QCiC --
lyndonwebb
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of lyndonwebb
Thanx Caleb and by the way I believe you have a coming out, if it is any way like the stuff you posted on here I will definately want a copy.
Oh and I believe you did the Villa today??
Caleb Strange
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
676 Posts

Profile of Caleb Strange
Lyndonwebb,

Many thanks for your kind words - my book will be coming out soon, c. April, published by Luke Jermay.

And yeah, we DID do the Villa today! (Some non-Brits may now be wondering what terrible secrets lie behind that ominous phrase 'The Villa'? But, as they say here on UK TV, 'Please, don't have nightmares...')

Muhahahahaaaaa...aack...aaoog...cka...krrr (evil laugh deteriorating into a fearful, phlegm-spluttering cough),

Caleb Strange.
-- QCiC --
lyndonwebb
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of lyndonwebb
I can imagine somebody now thinking
What manner of new evil is this "The Villa"?
mikeB
View Profile
New user
UK
84 Posts

Profile of mikeB
Hi Lyndon,

Good to hear from you again. Hope to see you in a weeks time. Aston springs to mind when ever anyone mentions Villa Smile but then again. Hope your Xmas was good I'm trying to find the energy to practice and start thinking magic again.
Smile

PS. Saw THEM as well, liked the idea behind it and look forward to see another installment.
Cheers

Mike
Your Reality Is A Figment Of My Imagination
Bill Fienning
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of Bill Fienning
The February 2004 IBM Linking Ring magazine will have my "It's More than Tricks" column where the topic is "Renewing your Interest in Magic."

You might find some useful ideas there.
Bill Fienning

"It's More than Tricks"
lyndonwebb
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of lyndonwebb
Thanx to you all and I'll definatley check out your column in the feb edition.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Feeling burnt out (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL