The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » All Backs different, faces all the same - Any effects (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

junkdz
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of junkdz
I happen to have several decks worth of cards which are all the same face and different backs, like a rainbow deck.

Wondering if there are any interesting effects out there for something like this.
Montgomeryville Magician http://www.dzmagic.com Philadelphia Magician
sjrw
View Profile
Special user
571 Posts

Profile of sjrw
Lennart Green's Stolen Cards...

If you asked about different backs AND different faces I would suggest Double Down by Bryn Reynolds

It could be fun to create an effect where you deal through the cards (all the backs are different) until someone says stop, the card they stop on is placed aside, all of the other cards are shown to be the same. But the chosen card is a different card (and perhaps it could match a prediction, or a previously chosenc ard, or whatever fits your routine)
Magic-Scott
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of Magic-Scott
I would second Lennart Green's Stolen Cards...
djacob
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of djacob
> all the same face and different backs, like a rainbow deck

I'm assuming that you mean the same style of face, not the exact same face value like a one way force deck.

I tried to think a bit of something different that one could do with such a deck, and one effect that came to mind is using such a deck to demonstrate the magicians "super memory powers":
-prepare the deck ahead of time by putting it into your favourite stack order
-show the spectator the unusual deck with all different backs
-claim to the spectator that you've memorized this deck, such that by looking at any card back you can name the correct face value from memory
-do one or more false shuffles and/or cuts
-deal down the cards one at a time, telling the spectator to stop you at any time they like, at multiple cards
-don't appear to be paying any attention to the cards as you're dealing them down, but keep track of the current card value using the stack order
-when the spectator stops you at a given card, examine the card back in mock concentration for a few moments, and then name the card value
-turn over the card to reveal that you are correct, and appear slightly pleased and satisfied with having gotten it right
-repeat the above a few times

Just an idea - maybe someone can make use of it.

-David
robinr
View Profile
Loyal user
Greater Los Angeles area
226 Posts

Profile of robinr
I regularly carry a trick that has about 30 cards with the same face and different backs. In addition there are 3 pairs of cards, each pair with matching face and back, none matching the 30 cards. Spectator places the three prediction cards into the 30 card packet and everything ends up matching: both faces and backs. And all are different from the 30 card spread. Basically Karl Fulves' Gemini Twins is used three times. Pm me for the details. It has a very strong impact.

Robin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » All Backs different, faces all the same - Any effects (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL