The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Tips for Obtaining Strolling Footage and Photos (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ChrisC
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of ChrisC
Hey everyone!

I am doing a holiday party on Wednesday and as part of the price negotiation they are allowing me to bring a photographer.

I will be doing strolling, and would like to get some video footage, to eventually be used on my website and/or promo reel.

Photo's would be easier, and I'm hoping to get allot of good pictures of happy, entertained, laughing guests, however I would like some video or at least audio to help promote strolling work. Everyone who has ever booked me has ether seen me perform live, or been referred by someone who has, and video is the only real medium I can see of demonstrating my personality, why what I do is entertaining, and the "non technical" side of what I do at distance.

I do mainly mindreading and palmistry, which means 99% of what I do is personality, interactions and presentation which much better conveyed over video, right?

Or does that even matter? For the professionals who offer strolling work, how did you obtain your footage? Do you have any tips? How important is it to have video footage vs photo's for marketing?

-Chris
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2957 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
It depends on your business focus. I've been getting away from doing strolling work this year, to the point where my biz is 50/50 for strolling and stage work.

If you're selling yourself as A strolling magician, it's not hard to convey. Many people has seen strolling entertainers and get the idea just from the title. Conveying your quality is even more important, so it is important to get good footage AND photos. You can't ever have enough IMO.

Don't over think it, just get some good shots. Tell your camera man what you will be doing ahead of time so he can anticipate the good moments.
Dimitri Mystery Artist
View Profile
Veteran user
Israel/Ukraine
355 Posts

Profile of Dimitri Mystery Artist
I asked the same last year and got great answers

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&forum=5
ChrisC
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of ChrisC
Thanks Dimitri!

I moved this topic to the thread you linked to.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Tips for Obtaining Strolling Footage and Photos (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL