The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Pass Video (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Hi all,

Can anyone give me any advice / tips on how to improve my pass?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrXKyk4yjP8&sns=em

Thanks
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Ahhh....the devastating left index finger lunge.
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
djurmann
View Profile
Inner circle
thinks time to practice and stop writing
1481 Posts

Profile of djurmann
I am not a good enough card man to comment but you might want to ask Harry Lorayne - who is often here and who is a famous card man.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
On 2013-12-17 17:40, Stanyon wrote:
Ahhh....the devastating left index finger lunge.

Hi,

So best trying to keep the finger from moving?
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
I curl the left index finger under the deck...it's not being used anyway.

FWIW
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Will work on that.
Thanks
Michael Graves
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
150 Posts

Profile of Michael Graves
What Stanyon said, its also a lunge when doing a turn over pass.

I will add this, I have been doing close up for a long time and I rarely ever use a pass. Make sure your T** C***** is good as well as you DL.

the pass is used in my work when I want to switch up a method.
RobertlewisIR
View Profile
Veteran user
Colorado
367 Posts

Profile of RobertlewisIR
I'm trying to think from the perspective of a layman and pretend I don't know what you're doing, and it seems to me that that "finger lunge" is probably the greatest "tell." I don't think I could tell what you'd done, but if I saw that, I'd know you did *something*.
~Bob

----------

Last night, I dreamed I ate the world's largest marshmallow. When I woke up, the pillow was gone.
Waller
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Waller
Was there sound on your video, I'm working on my pass too. My biggest concern Is the noise the cards make when they transpose. I though yours looked pretty clean, but there is always room for improvement. I think others posters have given you a direction. My advice would is contingent on how much noise your pass makes, if any then you could work on that too.
bg
View Profile
Veteran user
Indy
313 Posts

Profile of bg
I always talk to the spec and make strong eye contact at the moment you do the move. Hides the sound and you know they are not looking down at that moment. Also with most passes you should stand at a slight angle which will cover some of the dirt. Also don't do it fast. I find a nice smooth almost slow movement doesn't attract the eye when it's happening.
BenSaunders
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of BenSaunders
This is a good start, keep working on your smoothness with it. When presented best, there should be little to no perceivable "jolt" action. Faster isn't always better - so work on your technique first, slowly, and let invisibility be the guiding factor, not speed.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Pass Video (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL