The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Alternative Christmas Message (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On 2013-12-27 12:16, LobowolfXXX wrote:
You have freedom of speech. What you don't have is freedom from consequences.

I don't buy this formulation. It's a kind of straw man. Freedom of speech means that I will not be abused by the government for opening my mouth. That's the issue.

It's like the gent who said "We welcome the debate on national security," (a bigger lie than any healthcare related one he made IMO) while doing everything in his power to incarcerate the very ones who made the debate possible. That kind of welcome we can do without.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On 2013-12-27 10:50, motown wrote:
He's a real patriot, that's why he ran to China and Russia.
Two countries who really believe in protecting ones freedom.

Curious if you listened to the 12 minute interview that I posted in my reply to Tom, and what you thought.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2013-12-27 19:58, landmark wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-12-27 12:16, LobowolfXXX wrote:
You have freedom of speech. What you don't have is freedom from consequences.

I don't buy this formulation. It's a kind of straw man. Freedom of speech means that I will not be abused by the government for opening my mouth. That's the issue.

It's like the gent who said "We welcome the debate on national security," (a bigger lie than any healthcare related one he made IMO) while doing everything in his power to incarcerate the very ones who made the debate possible. That kind of welcome we can do without.

I was responding to Doug, who brought up Duck Dynasty and Magic Café bans. If you're talking about Snowden, his problems don't stem from his opening his mouth, but from his releasing confidential documents.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On 2013-12-28 02:35, LobowolfXXX wrote:
If you're talking about Snowden, his problems...stem from his releasing confidential documents.

And try disclosing SECRET or TOP SECRET info! Depending on the damage...they can KILL you. Bullet in the head. Right at your front door. Case in point: Phil Schneider.

Doug
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
But not Scooter Libby, or countless other government "background sources." It's a thoroughly hypocritical game
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Well at least we now know God exists and is watching over us all.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On 2013-12-28 20:06, tommy wrote:
Well at least we now know God exists and is watching over us all.

The most TRUE statement in this thread! Thank you Tommy!

Doug
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Alternative Christmas Message (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL