The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Psychological stop query (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

edgar allan holmes
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of edgar allan holmes
Hi I've a query with this effect from ECT and wondered if you could assist. At the moment I use it in connection with DB's 3 of diamond f***e and deal down as per the book. It give a card merely thought of appears where you stopped the count. It works nicely with couples where when 'thinks' and the other 'stops'

I am now playing with the idea of giving the spec the cards and asking them to deal down. I imagine that I'll have to highten my language to get the desired result.

so my question is has anyone used PS in this way?
Deadsets
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Deadsets
I havent but timing would be crucial depending on the speed of the deal.

Would be fun to play around with though and in theory should be fairly easy.
jcroop
View Profile
Special user
771 Posts

Profile of jcroop
Very interesting idea. Might be easier since they are now doing two activities, dealing and deciding when to stop.

But if they miss, you then have to retrieve the cards to do what ever you have to do, which may not be as easy when the dealt pile is in front of you for "your" demonstration of what happened.
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Check out Harry's explanation in CUCM or Lorayne Classic Collection 1 for "Out of My Control"
This works almmost every time.

Larry Smile
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On 2013-12-28 06:30, edgar allan olmes wrote:
Hi I've a query with this effect from ECT and wondered if you could assist. At the moment I use it in connection with DB's 3 of diamond f***e and deal down as per the book. It give a card merely thought of appears where you stopped the count. It works nicely with couples where when 'thinks' and the other 'stops'

I am now playing with the idea of giving the spec the cards and asking them to deal down. I imagine that I'll have to highten my language to get the desired result.

so my question is has anyone used PS in this way?

Yes. Eugene Burger did this for me in New York.
It incinerated my cerebral cortex.
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2041 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
Edgar, have you considered combining Brown's f***e with his Extreme Mental Effort? You could also hand the spec. a Svengali pack and do it that way. For a no-fail performance use three people. F***e the 3D on one, let another glimpse any card from the pack, let the 3rd call "stop". If the f***e doesn't work the effect is still successful with the other two specs and if desired you can use your ID or a NW as an out.
The secret of deception is in making the truth seem ridiculous.
edgar allan holmes
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of edgar allan holmes
Hi guys thanks for input.

Mike, I like the idea of expanding the effect with extra specs and the Svengali deck feels very hoyish.

I have reservation on extreme mental force as I feel this works best mid routine when the methodology isn't expected as you've been using the cards for a while.

I did have a little play around last night and its interesting, I find when doing PS you have a 3 card window, it felt much more like a 2 card window with the spec dealing. maybe that's due to the fact that they were fellow magicians I was with. It did hit on the first run and was a nice reaction. Think there's some potential here but need to work on it.

I do like the idea of having the ID as a back up.

Larry thanks for the recommendations I'll give them a look in the new year when I'm not as skint.
Justin W.
View Profile
Loyal user
Kansas
237 Posts

Profile of Justin W.
This is how Jack McMillen originally intended the force to be performed. It was never mentioned in ECT.

Justin
Magic-Daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
Denmark
1328 Posts

Profile of Magic-Daniel
The danish world class magician Joachim Solberg does the psychological stop all the time. Never misses.
Magic-Daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
Denmark
1328 Posts

Profile of Magic-Daniel
....with the spectator dealing.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Psychological stop query (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL