The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » A True Story (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

storm01
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of storm01
My uncle was always reading old religious books,I didn't know it then but he was studying the kaballah.He had his own special way of life particularly his eating habits. He never visited any doctors and refused any medications. Whenever he didn't feel well he would fast for a day or two until he felt well. He never had children but I was as close to him as any son. When I turned 18 and was about to join the army he called for me to visit him. He sat up tall with his head full of white hair and piercing blue eyes. He was 83 years old. He took a little book out of his wallet. It was very tiny and very thin, its pages yellow with age. "I've carried this book in my pocket my entire life" he said to me." It has special powers it has looked after me. I'm an old man now and you will soon be a soldier. You need its protection more than I do take the book and care for it well. Don't ever part with it,because it will look after you" I thanked him gave him a kiss and ran home only to find my mother in tears.

"Your uncle has had a heart attack"

I rushed to the hospital, my uncle was unconscious. I gave the little book to the nurse and she slipped it under his pillow. When he regained consciousness he asked that the book be returned to me since he would no longer be needing it.

My uncle died that night
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
904 Posts

Profile of Balaram
Thank you for sharing the story. I think you have honored his memory by doing so.
Secret and Sacred often go together, I am glad you did not share the book's content.
Tho...wow, would I like to know!
Sicnatius
View Profile
Veteran user
Connecticut
396 Posts

Profile of Sicnatius
That's really a sad but also wonderful story, thanks for sharing.
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1452 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
Thank you for sharing your touching story.

Ray
Mentalism in Ontario.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
A very well told story. Would love to know the title.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
YitzhakNoDice
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
517 Posts

Profile of YitzhakNoDice
Thank you for sharing that powerful story. I hope you keep that book of your uncle's with you at all times. Is the book a siddur?
A wise man's question contains half the answer. - Solomon ben Judah, Philosopher
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Wonderful story, thanks for sharing it. Like other posters, I'm very curious about the title of the book.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Great story Stormo. Also curious about the title.
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
storm01
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of storm01
A very true story but not my true story. Its from a book written by Jossi Ghinsberg called Lost In The Jungle. Its a harrowing true tale of adventure and survival.
When I read the chapter about the book I thought some of you on here may like it.
Check the book out its a great read.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » A True Story (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL