The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Who is the man with this amazing talent? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

steve_sargent
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of steve_sargent
I remember seeing a guy on a TV chat show (I think he was American) well over 20 years ago who could instantly repeat what anyone was saying so quickly after they said it that it was almost as if he knew what words they were going to say before they even said it. He had it down to a fine art and it was amazing to watch and hilarious too. Does anyone know who he is? I've tried searching for him on the interweb for him but no joy. Thanks!
"Easy to do and completely angle proof"
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Wow, they repeated that episode about a month ago. I believe it was on either What's My line or I've Got a secret. I know the host was Gary Moore. It was quite amazing. They even brought in a lady who could speak several languages and he repeated everything that was said in what seemed microseconds of what was being said.

It's actually something I've never seen anyone else do.

Oh, and he could do two people at a time and keep up with them.

You might look up on Google. I think it's the MeTV network that puts out very old shows.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
If it was Gary Moore, then it would have been I've got a Secret, as What's My Line was hosted by John Daly, IIRC.
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
The mans name was Frank Rains from Chattanooga TN.
steve_sargent
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of steve_sargent
I managed to find a clip of him from the "Paul Daniels Magic Show" from 1985:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1640nk......art=1278

And on "I've Got A Secret" from 1961

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwY3coss1Bg

Thanks for your help!
"Easy to do and completely angle proof"
MobilityBundle
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas/Boston
120 Posts

Profile of MobilityBundle
I always thought it would be awesome to do this at a high stakes poker table after making a big bet. Instead of trying to "shut down" by putting on a hat, sunglasses, retreating into your hoodie, etc., it'd be pretty awesome to mirror your opponent who's trying to read you. Not only would it be a lot of fun for the other non-playing folks around the table, and possibly infuriating for your opponent, but focusing all your attention on mirroring would probably mitigate any unintentional tells that you might otherwise give.

But alas, I don't play poker often enough to try it out...
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Wow... Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Who is the man with this amazing talent? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL