The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Blaine considered Biggest Loser of 2003 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JAEIII
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of JAEIII
Don't shoot the messenger! I don't recall which show I saw it on. It was either Entertainment Tonight or one of the main News networks (CNN, MSNBC, ETC...).

Anyway, they showed the top ten losers of 2003, and the biggest loser at # 1 was David Blaine for his "stunt that had everybody saying who cares."

Just thought you might want to know. Once again, don't shoot the messenger Smile
Believe In Magic....I do!
truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2584 Posts

Profile of truthteller
He was also labeled such on Good day live.
JAEIII
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of JAEIII
Yeah, it was probably shown on a few different news networks.
Jordan Piper
View Profile
Veteran user
British Columbia, Canada
309 Posts

Profile of Jordan Piper
In the media for months, and about 10 million dollars richer. He must be a loser. Smile
JAEIII
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of JAEIII
True, but never called the biggest loser of the year. Not disagreeing with you though. As they say, no such thing as bad publicity. For his sake, I hope that comment is true.
nums
View Profile
Veteran user
I have a life, or I would have more than
366 Posts

Profile of nums
People put to much emphasis on fame. Did you start magic for fun or fame. If for fame you wiill most likley be dissapointed as you have a better chance of being a famous musician than a magician. I happen to be very lucky to make a living at somthing I love but loved it before I thought about money. I did magic because I loved the challange and always wanted to know how things work. It was my wife who gave me the drive and support to make money at it. So what if somone thinks DB is the biggest loser of 03. althoggh I am not a fan of his I do not think he cares what people think of him as long as they do not not think of him as a criminal or bad person.

I am in a oxymoronic job as I hate the fame I need to be a success. I hate going to the mall and people saying hey there is that magician. I just want to be me and left alone. I love the attention when in front of an audience but want to be left alone other than that. Just like I would love to drive a race car for a
job but you could not give me that as I would hate the attention all the time.

Sorry to vent but do what you can and be the best you can and you are a sucess.

Jeff
JAEIII
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of JAEIII
I very much agree with you Jeff.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Na, it was Sadaam. He tried the classic disappearing act, but some aggressive spectators discovered his secret!!

Smile
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Michael Kamen
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakland, CA
1315 Posts

Profile of Michael Kamen
The British loser poll seems to have a quite prestigious list of winners, er losers that is. Mr. Blaine is in the company of major UK political figures, an entire nation (no less a one than Australia), and other important people. I think it raises his prestige greatly, deserved or not.
Michael Kamen
dreidy
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney, Australia
156 Posts

Profile of dreidy
Ah, it was a British poll, that explains it. The British are so insecure about everyone else's accomplishments they have to add the word "Great" to their nation's name. Smile

David.
from "Doing Quite Nicely Thank You Australia"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Blaine considered Biggest Loser of 2003 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL