The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Going to London and Paris - recommendations please (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magic-Scott
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of Magic-Scott
I will be traveling to London and Paris with my family in March and wanted family-friendly recommendations -- magic shops, shows, lectures, etc. Thank you.
Steve Friedberg
View Profile
Inner circle
1402 Posts

Profile of Steve Friedberg
Paris has Magic Dream, a very upscale magic shop. It's about 10 minutes from the Eiffel Tower. Their video ad is at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cBQedeNtvk. If you speak French, Dominique Duvivier and his daughter Alexandra have a marvelous show at their Double Fond club. (Even if you don't, it's still pretty good.) And of course, if you're in the St. Germain section, try to find Bébel working the streets. He's a pure sleight-of-hand guy, and one of the best in the world.

London has two well-known magic shops: Davenport's in Charing Cross, and International Magic, which is about six minutes from there by car.
Cheers,
Steve

"A trick does not fool the eyes, but fools the brain." -- John Mulholland
James Arnott
View Profile
New user
London
54 Posts

Profile of James Arnott
Lots of street acts in London, check out Covent Garden, and the South Bank. Occasionally some in Leicester Square on Friday and Saturday nights too.
Magic-Scott
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of Magic-Scott
Thank you Steve and James as well as those that PM'd me. -Scott
Damian
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of Damian
Some friends will be in Paris next week and would like to see some magic while there. Aside from the above-mentioned shows (Bebel and at the Double Fond), can anyone offer other tips?

Many thanks,
Damian
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Going to London and Paris - recommendations please (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL