The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » TNT - Tricks and Trailer // 001 - Red Special (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On 2014-02-01 14:37, Craig Petty wrote:
You know I'm a fan of your magic Alex and always will be.

I also thought the show was good.

But yeah doing that sort of stuff is personal. We used to do the same will a section called Trash of the Week but stopped as we did not want it to get personal. When you put someone's product in the trash it's personal - they have worked a long time on that project and it hurts to see that happen whatever the quality.

Using a DVD as a coaster or hanging it in the car is the same thing - it's personal.

Now I don't care, as you know I look at the stuff I do for magicians as a hobby it has no impact on.my career. Like I said I thought it was funny. But I'm just trying to warn you if you keep doing stuff like that you cannot claim you don't want to make it personal because your actions suggest otherwise. If you want it to be non personal stick to the facts and your opinions.

However like I said I don't care either way in fact I'm using my Hawk DVD as a mirror now so thanks for the suggestion Smile

I'll see you at Blackpool, the beers are on me

Craig

I don't think it comes across as personal. They were just having a laugh and you and Dave did a similar thing with that iphone/iFloat thing. Didn't you have a competition to see who could destroy it in the most creative way? I didn't see that as you being personal to whoever created it and you thought it was funny at the time. What's the difference, other than it's now directed at you?
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
On 2014-02-04 17:27, Sean Giles wrote:
Quote:

But yeah doing that sort of stuff is personal. We used to do the same will a section called Trash of the Week but stopped as we did not want it to get personal. When you put someone's product in the trash it's personal - they have worked a long time on that project and it hurts to see that happen whatever the quality.

Using a DVD as a coaster or hanging it in the car is the same thing - it's personal.

Now I don't care, as you know I look at the stuff I do for magicians as a hobby it has no impact on.my career. Like I said I thought it was funny. But I'm just trying to warn you if you keep doing stuff like that you cannot claim you don't want to make it personal because your actions suggest otherwise. If you want it to be non personal stick to the facts and your opinions.

However like I said I don't care either way in fact I'm using my Hawk DVD as a mirror now so thanks for the suggestion Smile

Craig

I don't think it comes across as personal. They were just having a laugh and you and Dave did a similar thing with that iphone/iFloat thing. Didn't you have a competition to see who could destroy it in the most creative way? I didn't see that as you being personal to whoever created it and you thought it was funny at the time. What's the difference, other than it's now directed at you?

Shoe on the other foot....
If you can't take it, don't dish it out
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Yes, I remember the iphone / ifloat episode too. In fact, here is a link for all to see, it starts at the 6:19 mark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQUNsn9lqRU

Craig doesn't recall that as being personal, and in fact, at the 9 minute mark of the video, he can be seen as saying "It's fair", "It's fair!!!" in reference to his ridicule of ifloat and its various uses besides for magic purposes. Yet...he has an issue with the use of the "RED" cd being used for other purposes and sees that as personal and cries "Not fair not fair"??? The inconsistency in Craig's rationale is troubling to say the least, on so many levels.

Regards,
Mike

Quote:
On 2014-02-04 17:27, Sean Giles wrote:
Quote:

Craig

Bande
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of Bande
Just my $.02 but seems like people are taking what Craig said way out of context -- I understand some people are angry about Red, but the attacks here seem misplaced. What I read Craig as saying, is advice to Alex re: his show -- namely that WPR used to do something similar and got a lot of heat, so as friend he was letting him know that people can take the "funny" review and see it as a personal attack and respond negatively. Craig specifically states he is not offended and doesn't take the review personally, but wanted to relay his experience having done similar reviews.

You can agree with Craig's point, disagree with it, encourage Alex to tone it down to not offend people or play it larger for bigger laughs for those amused by it -- all good. You can even note, as some have, that WPR still seems to give reviews that others may find to be personal attacks. But, to me, none of this has anything to do with Red -- you can be mad about it or not, believe his apology or not, just saying this seems to be the wrong thread for it.

FWIW while I think there is enough negativity in the world that we do not need to add to it, and prefer people avoiding such tactics. I also believe people need to be a little more thick skinned and not let such attacks bother them. For me, I really liked the first show -- I found the "funny" attack to be a bit obvious and not terribly funny (so skipped forward) but its their show and I get it for free so happy to watch however they choose to do it.

In closing, watch Alex's show or not, watch Craig's show or not, but please let's get back to constructive comments -- you know magicians helping magicians kind of thing. Smile
Harry the magic man
View Profile
Loyal user
Spokane, Washington
270 Posts

Profile of Harry the magic man
Not to get into the middle of this but this was pre trash of the week and they decided to stop trash of the week because it was getting to personal. Just my take on unfolding events.
Harry
Between the conception
And the creation
Between the emotion
And the response
Falls the Shadow
Life is very long- T.S. Eliot "The Hollow Men"
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
The video is still up. Aye.

But he may be "leaving the magic community".

Sob.
ABK-Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
273 Posts

Profile of ABK-Magic
Yes, I agree, that destroying is not nice and can lead to personal issues, but we didn't destroy anything. We wanted to show alternatives to use this product. No CD or deck of cards was harmed before, during or after the recording Smile.
BTW looks like the new episode will be up tonight or latest tomorrow. Keeping you up-to-date.

All the best and lets change something

Alexander Kölle
BE CREATIVE! BE UNIQUE!
www.balconyproductions.com
MagicKatie
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of MagicKatie
Quote:
On 2014-02-04 20:10, Bande wrote:
Just my $.02 but seems like people are taking what Craig said way out of context

Maybe because he is a liar that released a stolen product and is now behaving like a stroppy sarcastic teenager?
MagicDamo
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of MagicDamo
I think this show is great and I will be watching every week. I don't see this as a show designed only to trash products as they will be reviewing tricks which are accurately portrayed in their demos balanced with the ones that are not. In my opinion as a viewer I thought the comments were constructive and justified. I didn't feel that it was a personal attack on Craig, just a criticism of a misleading demo and using the CD as a coaster or a mirror is just a bit of light hearted comedy that made the show even more entertaining to watch. I also love watching the WPR every week, Craig in the past has gone into a complete rant about a poor products which in my opinion is less professional, I also believe that if 'Red' had been released in exactly the same way by anyone else and Craig had reviewed it, he would have given it harsher criticism than these guys did.

I look forward to the next episode keep up the good work, you are not only making the magic community aware of misleading demonstrations of tricks but also making people aware of the ones that are accurate that I may have otherwise avoided buying if they looked too good to be true. On another positive side showing an uncut demonstration of a trick may still lead people to purchase it even if the video demo was poor as they may still like what they see from the show's demo.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On 2014-02-05 06:15, MagicKatie wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-02-04 20:10, Bande wrote:
Just my $.02 but seems like people are taking what Craig said way out of context

Maybe because he is a liar that released a stolen product and is now behaving like a stroppy sarcastic teenager?

Wow, you are always so aggresive and nasty. There is only one person on this thread that comes across as a stroppy sarcastic teenager and it's not Craig Petty.
As you grow up you'll realise that no one gives any weight to your opinion if you carry on conducting yourself in this way.
parkrocker
View Profile
Regular user
Nuremberg, Germany
170 Posts

Profile of parkrocker
Hey everyone a new episode of TNT is now live!
Check it out right here:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=218

Regards
Nico
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » TNT - Tricks and Trailer // 001 - Red Special (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL