The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Miguel Angel Gea Penguin Live Lecture (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

drbuzzard
View Profile
New user
Manchester, UK
45 Posts

Profile of drbuzzard
Haven’t seen it discussed on here so I thought it’s worth mentioning this lecture download that I paid $30 for.

Miguel Angel Gea LIVE (Penguin LIVE)
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3805

I had considered buying his 4 DVD set before but it’s very expensive here in the UK. So it was good to be able to check out some of his material for a relatively low cost.

It’s over 2 hours and there’s some card stuff. Of the coin magic a lot of it can only be performed seated and/or wearing a jacket.

Given those restrictions there is some awesome coin magic on here and fabulous techniques that I hadn't seen before.

Unlike the recent (and also excellent) Luis Piedrahita video this one can be downloaded onto your computer and played offline.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Penguin has done a great job bringing top magicians to Ohio every week, and every lecture has been amazing. You can look on their website, and read the reviews of each performer. Not only can you get them as a download, they will soon all be available on DVD for those who want a copy they can view on their TV. Roberto Giobbi recently did a lecture that was over 5 hours! They got all the big names, in all aspects of magic - cards, coins, comedy, parlour, mentalism, etc. Roth, Harbottle, and myself did lectures with a LOT of coin stuff (my own lecture was three hours long with 18 routines, and some material not found anywhere else). There is a lot of coin material available from the many many performers, so go to the Penguin site and see what was being taught. It is truely a bargain for what you get.
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
billmonroe1972
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of billmonroe1972
Also worth mentioning, for paying $49.95 a month you get access to all lectures from the time you sign up. They have lectures every week at $24.95 {Pre-Order} or $29.95 per lecture, you are getting a good savings. However, you won't get access to past lectures, only from the time you sign up and all future ones as long as your account is current.

Cheers,

Bill
Joaquin
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of Joaquin
I agree it was a very good lecture from Miguel Guea.

Th only problem I have with downloads is that if there is an effect that you liked and want to learn it is very difficult to find. You have to either watch the whole thing again or forwarder to where ever you think it might. Rewind or froward is very frustrated . DVD has a big advantage still
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Is there any information about the lectures on DVD? I don't see anything on the Penguin website.
Hybrid Hunter
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney, Australia
140 Posts

Profile of Hybrid Hunter
These lectures won't be on DVD and I don't think Penguin have plans either.
5 Hour lectures would stretch across 2-3 DVDs due to the length and would cost more than $25 in that case I would imagine.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
As a lecturer, I received an e mail from Penguin that they ARE going to put the lectures on DVD. I have a copy of my own lecture on DVD broken down into chapters, and it looks great. Don't know when they are gong to begin releasing them, however. I imagine that they will release them once they have created DVDs for most if not all the lectures.
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Penguin is still running their 5 for $99 deal which includes the lectures.
Pick your favorite 5 lectures for only $20 each.

Link: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/1902
Hybrid Hunter
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney, Australia
140 Posts

Profile of Hybrid Hunter
Quote:
On 2014-02-02 20:34, Michael Rubinstein wrote:
As a lecturer, I received an e mail from Penguin that they ARE going to put the lectures on DVD. I have a copy of my own lecture on DVD broken down into chapters, and it looks great. Don't know when they are gong to begin releasing them, however. I imagine that they will release them once they have created DVDs for most if not all the lectures.

Oh wow, I didn't know that at all.
Breaking the lecture down into chapters would definitely be helpful. But I don't know if I'd want to double dip with the lectures I already have. Good to know though!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Miguel Angel Gea Penguin Live Lecture (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL