The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Its an Illusion - A lecture in law by John Harris (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Natural Mystic
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta, GA
509 Posts

Profile of Natural Mystic
For the lawyers among us

Does the content of this lecture hold true for America as well, since he mentions Black Law Dictionary.

Is the United States of America a corporation like the United Kingdom?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spf4d6pG7ek
"You never change the existing reality by
fighting it. Instead, create a new model that
makes the old one obsolete."
-- R. Buckminster Fuller
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
The United States is not a corporation (although it seems that it is increasingly being run by them). Neither is the UK.
Natural Mystic
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta, GA
509 Posts

Profile of Natural Mystic
Bob,

The terms “THE UNITED STATES” and “THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA”, are they to be used interchangeably or do they represent separate entities?

In your estimation, what percentage of the lecture is true and factual and what were those subjects?

What legal reference would you recommend for a lay person? I was told to purchase a copy of Black's Law Dictionary,5th edition, because it contains case law studies.

Walter
"You never change the existing reality by
fighting it. Instead, create a new model that
makes the old one obsolete."
-- R. Buckminster Fuller
MobilityBundle
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas/Boston
120 Posts

Profile of MobilityBundle
I'm a lawyer.

I didn't watch the whole video. But flipped around a bit. None of what I saw was true in the U.S. (... and I suspect, not in the U.K. either). This guy's whole presentation appears to be a common fantasy among certain crazy people, and certain uninformed sane people.

If you have a more specific question (like, "is what he says at XX:YY true? If not, why not?"), I'd be happy to elaborate.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

I agree with Mobility Bundle. The guy in the video should be wearing a tin foil hat. His presentation is unrelated to reality. It reminded me of the Sovereign Citizens and their ilk.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Thanks, Tommy. No wonder I thought he sounded like the Sovereign Citizens. The guy is certifiable. (And he certainly never came close to a law school)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Its an Illusion - A lecture in law by John Harris (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL