The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » La Maggiore Organics vs Bottom Ridge (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MatthewSims
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of MatthewSims
Hey there. I was wondering if anyone could compare these.

The only set I've ever had was the cheap kind for like ten bucks. I came across the La Maggiores Organics the other night and thought I had my mind set on them, then I just discovered the Bottom Ridge.

I like the idea of being able to move the shells in any direction without the pea rolling out as the Bottom Ridge claims can do. Can the Organics do this?

Any help is much appreciated
Matthew
shellgame-al
View Profile
Veteran user
Arizona, USA
352 Posts

Profile of shellgame-al
No they can not. Only the Bottom Ridge Shells can keep the pea in the shell when moved in all directions and can be fully examined without switching anything out.
Manufacture of 3 Shell Game Sets & 3 Disk Monte Sets
3shells.com and magicswindles.com
sleightly
View Profile
Elite user
New Hampshire
500 Posts

Profile of sleightly
Actually, that is not entirely accurate. If you are using the straight pea from a Perfect Pea set, you can move La Maggiore Organics (and any other shells) around to your heart's content without the pea rolling out. Of course, as Al alluded, you then have to switch one pea for another to do the moves (no switching of any shells). A small feat for any worker worth their salt and the La Maggiore Organics are as lifelike as can be...

Besides, the subject line is kind of silly. There is no "versus". Al makes great shells and, according to some, I make great shells. To each their own...
shellgame-al
View Profile
Veteran user
Arizona, USA
352 Posts

Profile of shellgame-al
My statement is entirely accurate. The Bottom Ridge Shells are the only shells that can keep the pea in the shell when moved in all directions and can be fully examined without switching anything out.

I said without switching anything out. Also the problem with switching in a hard plastic pea; now you have sound of it hitting the shell wall, where there was no sound before.
This is another red flag.
Manufacture of 3 Shell Game Sets & 3 Disk Monte Sets
3shells.com and magicswindles.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » La Maggiore Organics vs Bottom Ridge (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL