The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Salt pours (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Nick W
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Nick W
What do you mean extra long rubber TT?
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Hi Nick

Hi Nick!
I'll PM you as I don't want to go into too much detail in this forum.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Stucky: Yes Kaps did the writing bit. Sadly, when Kaps was very young, he was mentored by Henk Vermeyden, who had visited the U.S.A. and stole Benson's two signature tricks, the Salt Pour and the 3 stick Chinese Sticks. He taught these to Kaps (Kaps not knowing they were Benson's).
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2205 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
Wasnt there a salt pour that used a white chain that looked really good? It looked like a standard salt pour but could be reused and was made to vanish via a magnet. hmmm not sure who released it though.
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1623 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Wasn't the white chain version released by Vernet? (I know they had another salt gimmick as well)
visit me @ JNealShow.com
Rudy Sanchez
View Profile
Special user
907 Posts

Profile of Rudy Sanchez
Quote:
On Jul 18, 2014, Chad Sanborn wrote:
Wasnt there a salt pour that used a white chain that looked really good? It looked like a standard salt pour but could be reused and was made to vanish via a magnet. hmmm not sure who released it though.

Rick Anderson.....his was a never ending salt pour.
www.cesaral.com
Sales Manager for Cesaral Magic
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Yep Rick Anderson's "Solid State Salt Pour". A very clever and good version of the theme. It has no mess. I've used Rick's idea for a couple of decades. It uses the solid state gimmick, a bowl to catch the salt in, a white silk that appears to be a growing pile of salt (gentle shake gets that effect) and then the salt turns to a silk as it is pored out of the bowl. The routine uses a Al Baker salt shaker (or the like) to vanish the salt. As a result there is never any mess to contend with. It is a great platform version.

I don't know who put out Rick's first offering maybe he sold it himself. I have the original but the instructions and box is long gone. I have a back up set I got almost a decade later made by Encore Magic.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Maybe I shoul havd tried the "solid state" white chain method. --I tried everything else!

I "love" the effect. I just couldn't find a presentation that I could "sell"! After a couple years of "chasing it", I gave up.

The presentation that I played with the longest, was an idea of Jack Chanin's, in which the salt was poured into a "well" in a handkerchief (like the old lit cigarette and TT). The premise was something like the old bit of pulling out the table cloth from under the dishes. Of course, the salt would disappear which made the "juggling" bit "easy"!

Like most of Jack Chanin's ideas, it was simple and relatively easy to DO. But #3 of Jay Marshall's and my "formula" for putting a new trick in the act (LEARN HOW TO DO IT SO THAT IT ENTERTAINS AN AUDIENCE!) was "too much" for me!!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Tim Friday
View Profile
Elite user
485 Posts

Profile of Tim Friday
I noticed that the Tony Clark Salt Pour was not mentioned. I was wondering, how does the Tony Clark version compare to Levent's?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Tony Clark's product is a new item he has brought to market.

I have 4 different Salt Pour Gimmicks and I can only use one. I find the original model to be the best.

If you are looking for a good gimmick, then I would suggest the Levent model. www.leventmagic.com

If you do get the Tony Clark model would love to know what he offers.
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1355 Posts

Profile of Stucky
Quote:
On Jul 19, 2014, Dick Oslund wrote:
Maybe I shoul havd tried the "solid state" white chain method. --I tried everything else!

I "love" the effect. I just couldn't find a presentation that I could "sell"! After a couple years of "chasing it", I gave up.

The presentation that I played with the longest, was an idea of Jack Chanin's, in which the salt was poured into a "well" in a handkerchief (like the old lit cigarette and TT). The premise was something like the old bit of pulling out the table cloth from under the dishes. Of course, the salt would disappear which made the "juggling" bit "easy"!

Like most of Jack Chanin's ideas, it was simple and relatively easy to DO. But #3 of Jay Marshall's and my "formula" for putting a new trick in the act (LEARN HOW TO DO IT SO THAT IT ENTERTAINS AN AUDIENCE!) was "too much" for me!!

Did you look into the Scott Alexander version that uses "sugar". I like the idea of ripping open a sugar packet and having a lot more sugar than it could hold coming out.
Official Thread Killer
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9988 Posts

Profile of funsway
I toyed with presenting the use of sugar from a bowl instead of salt from a shaker (use salt though as sugar clumps)

a spoon can serve as a wand. A "spoonful" of white stuff formed with wax can be scooped up and look like sugar. When dumped into the hand it can be handled
like a coin and tossed around. When combined with a Vernet Salt gimmick the "sugar" can apparently jump from hand to hand and vanish or appear at will.

I just never had enough opportunities to present it and never fully developed a routine. No mess except for carrying the full bowl around

Perhaps the "endless sugar" gimmick of a stream going back in to the bowl would work also.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Salt pours (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL