The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Aldo Colombini (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

psychod
View Profile
Loyal user
I may not be a millionaire but at least I have
247 Posts

Profile of psychod
I apologize if this has been asked before. I am interested in self-working tricks and was wondering what specific books by Aldo Colombini people feel would be most worthwhile. I've been on his site but there are so many books available and I really don't know where to start. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Dave
Just adding my 3 cents worth because anybody can add their 2 cents worth...
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Dave, You can email Aldo directly and ask him! Also, try his Impromptu series on DVD.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On 2014-02-07 23:07, psychod wrote:
I apologize if this has been asked before. I am interested in self-working tricks and was wondering what specific books by Aldo Colombini people feel would be most worthwhile. I've been on his site but there are so many books available and I really don't know where to start. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Really, NONE of Aldo Colombini's magic is knucklebusting Darwin Ortiz material, but, never for an instant think it isn't strong. Smile

Two books immediately come to mind:

Impromptu Card Magic and Simply Impromp2

In addition, you will find a lot of great material in What's Up Deck? plus a LOT of Aldo's e-books. The best part is that everything on Aldo's site sells for 10 USD. So, for 100 usd, you can buy a LOT of great Colombini magic and get lost for at least 2 years just going through it all.

I want to suggest another e-book that is based on Steve Beam's Killer Count from Semi-Automatic Cards Tricks v.5. The e-book is alliteratively titled Killer Koncepts. Aldo teaches the count and and dozens of applications for it including two great approaches to Charlie Miller's classic Dunbury Delusion. Steve Beam's Killer Count is a thing of beauty and while it was developed as a means of doing "exact" estimation type effects, it allows you to do MUCH more. It's not self-working, but, it is not at all difficult and Aldo's e-book really is a superb exploration of this move.

Some of my other favorite Colombini publications include The Essential Magic of Aldo Colombini, Cards Dot Com, A Cut Deeper, A Cut Above the Rest, Baroque Cards, Card Trips, and Fireworks - which is Aldo's multiple selection routine.

Lastly, if you don't have any Nick Trost books, I STRONGLY urge you to pick up some of the Aldo on Trost stuff! Aldo explains everything in great detail; you have the work of TWO masters in this series.

Not card related, but, Aldo has written a spectacular treatise on two in the pocket and one in the hand. It was origially part of Lewis Ganson's Teach-In series - which is ALSO a GREAT resource to have for close up magic.

http://www.wildcolombini.com/cart/index.php?cPath=28 This is the link to Colombini nirvana!!

Slainte,
Vlad
psychod
View Profile
Loyal user
I may not be a millionaire but at least I have
247 Posts

Profile of psychod
Atom & Vlad,
Thank you both for your suggestions. It's nice to see that some people do get the idea "Magicians helping magicians". I took Atom's advice and contacted Aldo directly and was impressed that he got back in touch with me within a few hours...not only did he make some recommendations, he also sent me his newsletter flyer for a "buy one, get one free" deal. Vlad, one of the e-books I purchased was a Cut Above. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Again, thank you both,

Dave
Just adding my 3 cents worth because anybody can add their 2 cents worth...
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
This is so sad. I am devastated. EVERYONE, pray for Rachel.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
ejohn
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
723 Posts

Profile of ejohn
And Aldo.
waltsal
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of waltsal
Very, very sad news. Some people should live forever.
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Prayers from me to God for Rachel and Aldo; this is devastating news.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Just an update: A number of folks have been posting that Aldo has died. As of 8:30 pm Mountain Time on February 11, 2014, that is not the case. PLEASE be cautious about what you post! Rachel just posted the following on her Facebook page:

Rachel Colombini here! Please forgive my anger but whoever said "rest in peace" had better apologise. Aldo is MY husband and I will give status updates when ready. Aldo is still with us , he is in hospice now, with no life support and we are making sure he is pain free and comfortable. Thanks for the outpouring of love from you all, he was and still is a very special man who touched the world and people in lots of wonderful ways, it is devastating to see what the stroke has done to him and he would never have wanted to live this way. Please remember him with all the love & affection he earned & deserved.
Luv
Rachel Colombini
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
KokoB
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of KokoB
This is so sad, I am so sad to hear about his passing Aldo was a huge inspiration for me when I started out he was a great man to know to, God Bless his soul...
hankinsk
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of hankinsk
I did not know that much about him because it has been years sense my return to magic. But I am so sorry to here of his passing. My prayers are with his family

Regards
Trace Hankins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Aldo Colombini (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL