The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » New Mnemonica app for iPhone (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

indysmagic.net
View Profile
New user
Belgium
6 Posts

Profile of indysmagic.net
Hi everyone Smile

Just a short message to let you know that there is a new iPhone Application available to learn and train the Mnemonica stack.
The name of the application is "Memo Deck (Mnemonica Edition)".
The application is in English, French and Spanish (you can switch from one language to another).
It's a complete interactive training to learn the Mnemonica stack from scratch, in a fun way and at your own rhythm.
There is also an "Expert Mode" where you can time yourself and share your score online.

The app has been released yesterday morning.
I might release it for Android also later on, but I'll need some time to translate it, test it and see if it's really reliable and stable.
If this is the case, I'll spread the word on the Memo Deck facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/welcometomemodeck

I might release very soon the "Aronson Edition" also, so in case that you are interrested in the app but you prefer the Aronson stack, I advice you to wait a bit ;-)

If you have any question, suggestion, advice, feel free to discuss it here or in the facebook page :-D

Thanks for reading this topic and have a magical day !
Indy
"If I have seen a little further, it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants" - ISAAC NEWTON -
http://www.indysmagic.net
http://www.facebook.com/indysmagic
JBSmith1978
View Profile
Veteran user
NY
389 Posts

Profile of JBSmith1978
Here's a thought. Why not create an program that incorporates all the learning systems Tamariz recommends? Drawing on the cards, recording the stack to your favorite song clips etc. Hell add some pegs while you're at it. Want to get really crazy start implementing a virtual 3d tour where people can create layouts and place images.
SShawUK
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of SShawUK
I downloaded this the other day, and am more than pleased with my purchase.
I consider myself to be more than fluent with the Mnemonica stack, and have used other tools to help me keep the stack fresh in my mind for some time.
I must admit, I've only quickly played with it's ability to teach you the stack, but it does seem to be very thorough.

I am very pleased with the way in which this handles the testing of your understanding of the stack. One feature I would love to see is the ability to give me an "average recall time", and track it to see how I am improving.

All in all, very happy with my purchase. Exactly what I was after. A solid way to test myself on my memorisation of the stack. There was another app on the market I used for some time, but it doesn't seem to have been updated for ios7. It still works, but the input boxes were all skewed after updating to ios7. I'm happy to say Memo Deck works a treat, even with my glasses off, blind as a bat, I can while away the time testing my recall.

I may share a more detailed review over at my blog at www.magicblog.org if anyone is really interested? However, I think the description on the App Store gives you a good enough understanding of what you are getting Smile
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

www.magicblog.org
indysmagic.net
View Profile
New user
Belgium
6 Posts

Hi JBSmith1978 and SShawUK,

Thanks for your feedback.
The drawing part might be a bit tricky to implement but I really like the crazy idea Smile
The "average recall time" is also a great idea, probably easier to implement at short terms !

I'll see how I can add it to the app for the next update if possible !

Thanks again and have a great day Smile
Indy
"If I have seen a little further, it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants" - ISAAC NEWTON -
taiga
View Profile
Veteran user
Chicoutimi, Qc
317 Posts

Profile of taiga
Downloaded it today. Seems to be very good. I was looking for a portable "memory refresher", and I think it'll do the job. Good app!
The Perceptionist
View Profile
New user
Hollywood,CA
19 Posts

Profile of The Perceptionist
Evening,

Last night I bit the bullet and bought this app........ IT'S GRRRRRRREAT! I'm very proficient with Mnemonica however this app is a great tool to keep me on point. If your new to the stack or want to learn it, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!

Cheers,
The Perceptionist
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
I like this app a lot and highly recommend it. I would love to see an input box for attaching a picture to each card.

Great teaching method.
indysmagic.net
View Profile
New user
Belgium
6 Posts

Hi everybody,

As SShawUK suggested (Thank you SShawUK for your great idea !) I have updated the App Memo Deck with the "average recall time" feature :-D
During the training or in the Expert Mode, you will have now an new popup window at the end, informing about how many good/bad answers you had and the average respons time.

In the meanwhile, I received a couple of new suggestions of features that, indeed, should be great to implement I think.
So I'll continue to work on it and I'll try to improve it the way you would like to have it ;-)

Dear Sean Giles,
I'm sorry, but I missed your last post and I only see it now, but I will probably come back to you because I don't clearly understand what, how or even why you would like to attach pictures of the cards in the app. But I'll be more than glad to discuss it with you if you wish.

Thanks to everyone,
I'll keep you updated,
Indy

PS : These are the details about the udate 1.1 of the App that I have posted on the iTunes Store :

- As suggested by some Magicians, statistics are now available during the training and the expert mode !
- High Scores are unlocked for everyone (No more need to complete the training to see them).
- Secret cheat code(s) hidden on the main screen (Send me a message on the FaceBook page if you want more details Smile )
- Added "review" suggestion (Please be nice with me Smile )
- Version of the app appearing on the bottom of the main screen
- Minor corrections...
MagieLucas
View Profile
New user
Netherlands
93 Posts

Profile of MagieLucas
I like this a lot. Very helpful to learn mnemonica !
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » New Mnemonica app for iPhone (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL