The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello ! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

vindar
View Profile
New user
Paris, France
62 Posts

Profile of vindar
Hi everyone,

I have been lurking this forum (a lot!) for several months now and I finally decided it was time to start participating so here I am... I am a mathematician researcher and hobbyist magician from France. I do mostly card magic and I used to practice assiduously as a teenager but then I got sidetracked with my studies... Recently, I started practicing magic again and I was amazed to discover that my finger still remember the sleights quite well after many years ! I used to love learning sleights of hand when I was young (and I still do) although nowadays I am more interested in the psychology surrounding magic, presentation, misdirection... and slower paced effects such as mem deck work or mathematically driven effects.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello and thank everyone posting here. In the last few months, I greatly increased my knowledge of magic just googling my way through years of posts on this forum !

Cheers,
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome vindar,

A study of psychology would improve many Magicians (including myself).

Remember to come up for air occasionally. LOL

-Mary Mowder
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Hi Vindar:

welcome to the Café! Your command of the English language is exceptional - are you French?

I will be in Paris May 15 or 16, perhaps we could meet at the Eiffel tower? (the only place I know how to find).

Jim
vindar
View Profile
New user
Paris, France
62 Posts

Profile of vindar
Hi Jim,

It would have been nice meeting you but unfortunately I will not be in Paris this week-end (I am going away for the whole month). Maybe next time ! However, if you wish to meet some magicians while in Paris, I recommend that you go to Magic Dream shop, 16 Rue George Bernard Shaw, 75015 Paris. It is within walking distance from the Eiffel tower. It is a very friendly place and you can usually meet some interesting fellow magicians over there.

Have a nice weekend in Paris !

Vindar,

PS: Yes, I am French and it is the reason why my sentences in English are sometimes a bit long... I must have read to much Proust Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello ! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL