The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Kreskin: Hypnosis or Just Suggestion (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Great to hear you are getting a lot of gigs! I meet next week with the owner of a First Division professional football team who just lost 5-0 this weekend.... Which means he will be even more "suggestible" to getting my help. Firstly for himself then for his manager and team. We will be focusing on "goals" literally Smile
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
MP, there is a hurling team over here that needs you. At half time this afternoon, as I was going to one gig, they were behind by four goals and fifteen points, to four points (27 to 4 for those who don't follow the sport). They might want to talk to you. But as it was my team that beat them, perhaps not...

Seriously, best of luck with it. It would be an exciting project.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
If it goes ahead I will be documenting it via video etc. If I get the results with this one it will be online. But lets not get ahead of myself.

I'll talk to any team sport or business so long as they have the resources to get me involved.
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
Given only the information in your post, I've narrowed it down to a team and then a small number of people, so you want to hope and pray they don't put too much value on privacy.

Quote:
On Mar 16, 2014, mindpunisher wrote:
Great to hear you are getting a lot of gigs! I meet next week with the owner of a First Division professional football team who just lost 5-0 this weekend.... Which means he will be even more "suggestible" to getting my help. Firstly for himself then for his manager and team. We will be focusing on "goals" literally Smile
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
It will be documented with video if we go ahead. Which will be available online. There are two more teams I am talking to just now. So it may or may not happen hopefully with one of them. Either way it will be online eventually. unless I don't get the results...its just at the talking stages but I would at expect at least one will go ahead.

Got a few things on the go plus one very big project with "Advanced Mind". This will be amazing if it comes off.
Gordon the discombobulator
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Gordon the discombobulator
The goal is to get heightened compliance or to motivate them.
The reason we want to achieve this goal is to either entertain or create (hopefully) positive changes in someone's life.
The subject thinks it is the hypnosis that is making them comply or they think hypnosis makes them feel better.
In fact they are complying or feeling motivated BECAUSE they are agreeing to the process of being hypnotised.
Hypnosis is simply a way of confirming and deepening their compliance.

But we don't always have to use traditional hypnosis to achieve the same results.
Sometimes they actually believe they hype that we build up regarding our 'special powers.'
most people act differently when talking to a person in a position of authority.
Some people are actually influenced by hidden commands and NLP structures.
Some people want to comply because of (stage) fright or they don't want to dissapoint their peers by backing out.

It does not really matter if hypnosis exists or even what it is.
We should use it like a doctor might use a placebo pill - because it gets the results we/they want.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
By the way NLP is just another name for hypnosis. Bandler coined it because in Arizona the state where he was practicing hypnosis you need a medical license. Thaty was one of the main reasons LP came about.

Hypnosis and compliance are two different things look up the dictionary.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I thought NLP was just another way of saying a load of crap.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Actually the truth is there are some really powerful and useful stuff in NLP. The problem is there are a lot of those claiming to use NLP when they don't ie mentalists magicians who read a book and think they know what it is. You can't get it from a book. Then there are loads of business training companies who just like using it as a buzz word.
Then there are lots of crappy "practitioners" who have been through a crappy training by a company that were trained by another crappy training company who "bought " the right to sell certificates then passed that right on for more money.

So NLP has become a term for crap.

But there are some good training companies out there and there are some really good techniques and processes that come under the heading NLP theres just not that many people who are skilled enough to use them. Getting a certificate is like being handed a bag of sophisticated power tools and told to go and build a house. With no training in how to build a house
Marmen
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of Marmen
How odd that I am agreeing with Danny again. I think NLP is an abbreviation for "Not a Lot of Plausibility". In other words a load of crap. Just like hypnosis.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Mark you just can't stop can you? Careful Mike week be along in a second to report you.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Marmen
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of Marmen
Oh, he's too busy fighting with Tony at the moment!
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Quote:
On Jul 22, 2014, Marmen wrote:
How odd that I am agreeing with Danny again. I think NLP is an abbreviation for "Not a Lot of Plausibility". In other words a load of crap. Just like hypnosis.

But that's the problem with this forum lots of ( not everyone) but this forum is full of people with opinions they know absolutely nothing about.
Marmen
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of Marmen
I know a lot about scamming people. So I know it is a load of crap. Besides I saw one of the founders walking round a psychic fair wearing a pony tail and I did not approve. Apart from the pony tail I took one look at him and knew he was a scam artist. It takes one to know one, after all. I am quite sure he and the other fellow got together in a pub and said "Lets invent a pseudo science full of standard wisdom and gobbledygook, use lots of big words to sound scientific and market it and make loads of money from all the daft people out there who will believe in anything"

And they did. And I believe one of them was accused of murdering somebody or other. I think he got off though. Perhaps he used NLP to influence the jury. However, somehow I find murder suspects to be not very credible. A bit like NLP come to think of it.
JonChase
View Profile
Loyal user
Exeter, UK
225 Posts

Profile of JonChase
Kreskin is very good at what he does. Way better than most entertainers he is still around, has been featured on. TV in both America and the UK. Most Americans who claim world wide notoriety have never been heard of outside of the community anywhere except their own country. I remember Kreskin on the box over here when I was a kid.

I think he was silly doing the reward to prove hypnosis, too close to Randi, and as for hypnosis, the result is all we need. A good hypnotist gets results beyond most regardless of states or brain imaging.

Many wannabes would do well to emulate Kreskin who is a god among men.
Smiles

Jon Chase

http://jonathanchase.com
PaulPacific
View Profile
Special user
Yes, I used my toes to type all of my
907 Posts

Profile of PaulPacific
Kreskin has always been my greatest influence (outside of Corinda's book).

Kreskin once lamented not so much about the "reality" of hypnosis, but rather the unfairness of the US legal system.

He said, "I am absolutely certain about this. I was sued by a hypnotist in the 1980s because I claimed nobody had ever been put into a hypnotic trance. It’s entirely suggestion. They’re not faking, but they are responding to suggestion consciously and are well aware of what they’re doing. I won the case. But in the U.S. there is no justice in the courtroom. In England, if you win, the other side pays your expenses. So she lost the case, and I still had to pay $112,000."
Blessings on thee, little man,
barefoot boy with cheeks of tan...
Outward sunshine; inward joy,
Blessings on thee, barefoot boy! :-D
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
I find that a tough one since cognitive science tells us our conscious mind only makes up around 2% of our mental processes. While some people are conscious while "performing" in trance or having being conditioned through compounded suggestion (whatever you want to call it) Some clearly aren't. ?How many times have you seen someone "wake up" and realise what they have been doing -- only to be "put back in" again?

I also think kreskin is brilliant though.
PaulPacific
View Profile
Special user
Yes, I used my toes to type all of my
907 Posts

Profile of PaulPacific
Quote:
On Aug 5, 2014, mindpunisher wrote:

I also think kreskin is brilliant though.

No argument from me on this point.
Blessings on thee, little man,
barefoot boy with cheeks of tan...
Outward sunshine; inward joy,
Blessings on thee, barefoot boy! :-D
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Kreskin: Hypnosis or Just Suggestion (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL