The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Facebook likes and SEO (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
So I've heard now that facebook likes don't help your SEO and organic searches at all. Is this right? What do you guys think? Thanks. Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
The only way it can help with SEO is by leading others to look at your website to increase PR. It will take thousands of views.

Collect as many "likes" anyway. It helps show you are popular.
eatonmagic
View Profile
Special user
Orlando, FL
737 Posts

Profile of eatonmagic
Quote:
On Mar 13, 2014, JamesinLA wrote:
So I've heard now that facebook likes don't help your SEO and organic searches at all. Is this right? What do you guys think? Thanks.

Jim

This is correct James.

Engagement is the only FREE way to organically help increase impressions. There are three (3) main criteria for helping you accomplish this. Encouraging your fans to "like", comment and share your posts.

You can also "boost" your posts with small payments. I have seen clients of mine promote their posts for as a little as $10 and increase their click posts by 40%. Be sure to segregate your friends from your fans though. Mike mentioned to get as many "likes" as you can but if you think about it, only about 30% of your fans will see your posts. So, if you have, let's say, 1,000 fans and only half are your actual TARGETED audience that will hire you, you are losing out because a small percentage of these people are seeing your posts. So yes, if you wanted to make yourself look large that's fine, but you're actually going to diminish the amount of your fans you wish to see your posts.

Now, you can help increase your SEO by the content that you are posting. For example, try and use copy that you feel your idea client is searching for. This can be anything from posting interesting articles inside your news feeds that relate to your business. So, for example if you perform mainly for children's events, you could post a status or note (with attached image to capture attention in news feed) and link the article to either your blog or an outside source dealing with "How to make your son's birthday party the BEST on the block!!!" or something similar. The idea here is to grab the attention of your clients with relevant materials.

So, while building engagement does NOT help increase your search rankings within Google, the content you post about does.

In fact, if your goal here is to generate more revenue from your Facebook page, I can help you with this as this is what I do for a living (besides perform).

PS- Sorry for the shameless plug Smile
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Thank you for your feedback.
I should have been more specific also. I was actually wondering if "likes" would or would not increase SEO and ranking of my website, not my facebook page???

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Tim Friday
View Profile
Elite user
485 Posts

Profile of Tim Friday
I remember hearing somewhere that once your page has 100 likes it begins to be recognized by google. I can't remember where I heard this or if it's even true.
Tim Friday
View Profile
Elite user
485 Posts

Profile of Tim Friday
I just remembered where I heard it, at TAOM 2013 in Dallas they had a lecture on social media/online marketing and one of the speakers stated this about once you get 100 likes google recognizes your page.
I think the guys who did the lecture were the same guys who created and ran the website for TAOM 2013. Maybe someone else reading was at this lecture and could chime in with more details...
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
If your site dynamic one regarding content updating, then make that page Facebook enable, so that each and every information can easily be shared with a click on Facebook. It's the part that is related to your web site. Do one more thing, create a Facebook page for your business and promote your site on the basis of social media optimization. Create quality backlinks for your site and share latest update with all social media. It will help you make a huge traffic on your site.
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
I know when you do google searches your fb does show up as well as images. Not sure about ranking...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Facebook likes and SEO (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL