The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Self writing pen/quill (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
The Dark Cabaret
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of The Dark Cabaret
I actually saw a rather cartoonish version of this idea at various Halloween stores this year. It wouldn't take much effort to mount the "works" into a real book or age this one realistically. Do a general search via Google... It might turn something up.
gothicmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Ubiquitous
1374 Posts

Profile of gothicmagic
The spirit stores were selling them (a bit over priced at the time) as mentioned you would have to strip out the "works" as they had it hooked up that when it ran there was no off or on with the sound, it just played unless you cut the speaker wire Smile, I'm going to try my best to get some Haunters down to the next ECSS as A) it will be fresh blood for the performances and B) it will be great to get fresh knowledge and perspective merged in some brainstorming with them over ideas like this
Vlad ^0^
One of The Founding Fathers of The East Coast Spirit Sessions & Co Producer of Bizarre hauntings
ECSS I,II,III,IV,V,VI
Order of the Hexidic
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Profile of Anverdi-museum
About a year ago I built just such a thing...in the clip below you will see this as well as the lifesize skull which I also made, both controlled wirelessly by remote. The speed of the quill movement can be slowed down if desired.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo7pIXJvlRg

Chuck Caputo
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
vincentmusician
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
266 Posts

Profile of vincentmusician
I believe I have what orchid666 is talking about. Let me describe it. It is a nice looking book. You can open it to show nothing is written. Then you take a nice red feather pen and start "Writing. Then you take your hand away and the pen starts to move all by itself! It looks good and I have got good reactions out of it. Since I perform a Harry Potter Show, this obviously is perfect for it. I heard that it is not something that any store sells. To me it was hand made. What I like about it is there is no on/off switch and it can be done at any time. No remote buttons or transmitters and no wires. Cheers!
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
This is the version I recall seeing many years ago... https://www.martinsmagic.com/allmagic/me......-monaco/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Self writing pen/quill (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL