The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Embedding YouTube video » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Alan Wheeler
View Profile
Inner circle
Posting since 2002 with
2038 Posts

Profile of Alan Wheeler
I tried to embed some YouTube videos in a topic here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......art=0#10

The video seems to work in links but not in the new embed function. I'm getting the message "An error occurred" when I try to play the video. Is it just my computer?

The views and comments expressed on this post may be mere speculation and are not necessarily the opinions, values, or beliefs of Alan Wheeler.
A BLENDED PATH
Christian Reflections on Tarot
Word Crimes
Technology and Faith........Bad Religion
Mary B.
View Profile
Café Tech Advisor
Howard City, Michigan
626 Posts

Profile of Mary B.
Hi Alan,

You put too much into the youtube bbcode. Yours looks like this:

[youtube]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GoXvp9o20Y8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]

It should look like this:
[youtube]GoXvp9o20Y8[/youtube]

Which will produce this:

:o) Mary
Alan Wheeler
View Profile
Inner circle
Posting since 2002 with
2038 Posts

Profile of Alan Wheeler
Thanks so much, Mary!

Is there a trick to finding the right code or do you just use the letters/numbers that come after "embed/" in the embed code from YouTube?

Alan Smile
The views and comments expressed on this post may be mere speculation and are not necessarily the opinions, values, or beliefs of Alan Wheeler.
A BLENDED PATH
Word Crimes
Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
276 Posts

Profile of Gene
Yes, just that little bit of letters/number after embed is all you need. That is the ID number of the video, the rest is taken care of by the forum for display.
Somebody kick me off the computer, will ya? Smile Smile
Alan Wheeler
View Profile
Inner circle
Posting since 2002 with
2038 Posts

Profile of Alan Wheeler
Got it! Thanks for the help! Smile
A BLENDED PATH
Word Crimes
Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
276 Posts

Profile of Gene
No problem!
Somebody kick me off the computer, will ya? Smile Smile
Mary B.
View Profile
Café Tech Advisor
Howard City, Michigan
626 Posts

Profile of Mary B.
There are several places where you can get the ID for a YouTube video (direct link, embed code, etc.), but the code you need to put into your BBCode here is always just the gobbeldeygook string of letters and numbers: youtube.com/watch?v=GoXvp9o20Y8
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Quote:
On Mar 23, 2014, Mary B. wrote:
There are several places where you can get the ID for a YouTube video (direct link, embed code, etc.), but the code you need to put into your BBCode here is always just the gobbeldeygook string of letters and numbers: youtube.com/watch?v=GoXvp9o20Y8

Mary...you have a wonderful knack for explaining things...that makes it easy for even a non techie like me to understand. Smile
Thank-you!

Rich
Mary B.
View Profile
Café Tech Advisor
Howard City, Michigan
626 Posts

Profile of Mary B.
Thanks, Rich! I've had lots of practice. Alan, I deleted your post in that topic with the erroneous youtube BBCode.
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Test...

"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Embedding YouTube video » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL