The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPearing Soon... » » How much would you pay for this? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
My genius friend from MIT is creating an app that allows you to send a text message to anybody and change it after it is sent. To the best of my knowledge, this kind of an app does not currently exist (though I could be wrong). Obviously, this type of app would have uses for both magicians (to "predict" stuff) and non-magicians (to change text if the sender changed his or her mind after sending the text)---my question to you, how much would you pay for this type of an app? Thanks!

Regards,
Mike
Baguette
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of Baguette
The slight problem I am seeing is the fact that one will have to stop using their regular SMS app. It sure does sound interesting but can you tell us if this would be an alternative to the SMS app or if it would be integrated with it. Would the receiver also need that special app?
Thanks!
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Actually, the best part about this is that it is completely integrated with your existing SMS text messaging---as such, it is impossible for the spectator to figure out how this works. When they see the text message, it looks completely normal and even if they were to look at your phone, they would not suspect a thing. The person receiving the text does not need anything on their phone.

Regards,
Mike
Baguette
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of Baguette
Wow it sounds great, however until I see a routine or a basic demo of the effect with the actual motivation for when to modify the SMS and doing so discretely then in my mind the trick/app could range from $2 to $5 or from $20 to $40
DutchFrank
View Profile
Special user
Has a fence with
541 Posts

Profile of DutchFrank
Are there still people using SMS?
Forgive me any language mistakes.

I'm Dutch.
ScottRSullivan
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Profile of ScottRSullivan
Yeah. Many have switched to other services like iMessage or Snapchat (which, ironically, already does a bit of what you mention). Would it work with these other types of services?
Baguette
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of Baguette
To be honest, the majority of the world still uses SMS and anyways, it comes included in most mobile subscriptions, so why not use it?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPearing Soon... » » How much would you pay for this? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL