The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Do You Wear A Vest? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

smullins
View Profile
Special user
United States
678 Posts

Profile of smullins
If you wear a vest and haven't check out Steve Reynold's In-Vestment you're missing out on something special. Nothing you need to add to the vest at all. Basically by strategically using your vest you can add, ditch, switch etc. in a natural action. Think about doing 8 card brain wave but switch the cards to actually end clean and examinable. That's just one idea, I'm sure you can think of a ton yourself.

There are a TON of possibilities and that just scratches the surface.

It's $30 dollars and you learn a whole system of switches, ditches and steals. I know that Steve uses this at his weekly gig behind the bar with a lot of success (he's used it to eliminate palming in a few routines).

If you don't wear a vest... You might want to rethink your attire for this.

---------------------------------------------------------

Here's the ad-copy: http://www.stevereynoldsmagic.com/products/in-vestment

"This is the second problem you solved for me." -Bill Malone

Why should your card magic look better than you do? In-Vestment uses an un-gimmicked vest in a radically different way.

Within a second you will:

Add gimmicks, set ups, dupes, and extra cards.

Sequential steals and additions.

Switch single cards, packets, and decks.

No unnatural actions or difficult sleight-of-hand.

Do this immediately, so you can integrate this into your existing routines.
Shawn Mullins

www.MullinsMagic.com
Ado
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1033 Posts

Profile of Ado
Is it material teaching you vesting? Or something more than that?

P!
trampabroad
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of trampabroad
Are you being paid to advertise this? Sounds like someone has a Vested Interest.

(Sorry, I just had to.)
smullins
View Profile
Special user
United States
678 Posts

Profile of smullins
Haha nope not paid at all... Just a fan of the thinking here

Also love the puns haha

It's just a really practical way to work with switches minus a jacket. Hope you guys pick it up and enjoy
Shawn Mullins

www.MullinsMagic.com
Ben Daggers
View Profile
Loyal user
Osaka
238 Posts

Profile of Ben Daggers
Can you guys give the puns a vest, please?
writeall
View Profile
Special user
Midland, Michigan
930 Posts

Profile of writeall
Go vest young man.
Alewishus
View Profile
Inner circle
parts unknown
1227 Posts

Profile of Alewishus
Do you wear woman's panties?

Cool

A.
Sack subs, ok Ross?
We miss you asper.
mdspark
View Profile
Special user
784 Posts

Profile of mdspark
Sounds very interesting. It would be nice to see a quick demo.
BenJammin69
View Profile
New user
Baton Rouge, LA
7 Posts

Profile of BenJammin69
I have recently started using investment and it has really cleaned up a couple of my routines.

I'd have to say that it is one of the last Vestiges of great magic.

(sorry - had to keep stirring up the puns ) Smile
Kex
View Profile
Special user
Arlington, Texas
577 Posts

Profile of Kex
Saw him lecture a couple weeks ago and that was the most amazing part. His use of vest pockets with natural actions fooled everyone! Should have bought the notes then but then wouldn't be having all the fun of trying to kick myself in the pants for not!

Seriously, this could clean up so many switches and routines. Well worth the $30 and then some...
Ado
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1033 Posts

Profile of Ado
So, what is it? I'd like to see a video or a clear description of the concept, because the description is a bit too vague and perfect...

Also, hum, does Bill Malone wear vests? I haven't seen any picture/video of him doing so...

P!
MagicT
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1248 Posts

Profile of MagicT
Have you ever seen video of Malone working for a real audience at one of his gigs as opposed to on his dvd's?

At this point there is no video available, however, I will talk to Steve about making one available. But if YOU work with a vest, and are interested, then why not purchase Investment? At $30, its rather inexpensive.

Best,
Trini
Trini Montes
SReynolds
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of SReynolds
Thank you for putting this up here, Shawn. So, everyone who reads this knows, I didn't put him up to this. But it is much appreciated.

This is not vesting, as in the traditional methods for holding out, steals, and such.

This is a book and no trailer is available. You'll have to take the plunge.

As to the concept: it is a system of actions that allow you to load, steal, switch single/multiple cards. Also, it can be done consecutively throughout a set or show. So, you are not restricted to one or two applications in a performance, but the uses are many within it.

This is not a gimmicked vest, though there are some applications that are better with specific vest styles.

You are able to eliminate lapping, palming, touching packets to packets. These techniques allow for a very clean and direct handling through minimal sleight-of-hand. Though these applications take thought and practice to apply.

I will warn you that while this system is easy to do and apply to your existing routines, it is not for the casual passerby. I have shared this with restaurant/bar (which is where I developed these strategies), stand-up, and street performers. If you never perform, then you might not want this and I'll say that you should not waste your money (even though it is only $30).

I'll let you in on a secret use of In-Vestment. Here's what they see:

A spectator shuffles the deck and cuts it in half. The performer picks up the halves and holds them face up to display the face cards which are indifferent (5H, QS). Without bring the hands together, the faces of the packets are rubbed on the performers sleeves. The packets are slowly revolved face up and each packet now has a black Ace on them as per the classic Sleeve Aces. The black Aces are tossed onto the table where the audience again sees the 5H and QS. So, these cards did not change to Aces but were magically transferred from outside of the sleeves. The packets are now handed to two spectators and each rub their packet on your sleeve. When the packets are turned over, the red Aces appear. These Aces are thumbed off and the 5H and QS are still on the face.

This uses no gimmicks or extra cards. As I wrote, the packets never come together to steal cards from packet-to-packet as in most versions of this trick. I use the "Fast-Steal" from my In-Vestment to accomplish this.

For those who know my "Meddler's Assembly" you now need no lapping or palming to perform the unexpected transformation of the four Kings/three x cards into the four Aces. The deck is also never in play.

Do you use a Mem Deck, large set up, small set-up, gimmicks and want to effortlessly ring them in and even out multiple times in from of the same audience with a casual gesture?

Do you want to clean up your card handling, so it appears more direct and magical?

Do you perform seated and/or standing at the table, behind the bar, or in front of an open air audience?

Then In-Vest.

Thank you for your time.

Steve
SReynolds
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of SReynolds
Thank you for putting this up here, Shawn. So, everyone who reads this knows, I didn't put him up to this. But it is much appreciated.

This is not vesting, as in the traditional methods for holding out, steals, and such.

This is a book and no trailer is available. You'll have to take the plunge.

As to the concept: it is a system of actions that allow you to load, steal, switch single/multiple cards. Also, it can be done consecutively throughout a set or show. So, you are not restricted to one or two applications in a performance, but the uses are many within it.

This is not a gimmicked vest, though there are some applications that are better with specific vest styles.

You are able to eliminate lapping, palming, touching packets to packets. These techniques allow for a very clean and direct handling through minimal sleight-of-hand. Though these applications take thought and practice to apply.

I will warn you that while this system is easy to do and apply to your existing routines, it is not for the casual passerby. I have shared this with restaurant/bar (which is where I developed these strategies), stand-up, and street performers. If you never perform, then you might not want this and I'll say that you should not waste your money (even though it is only $30).

I'll let you in on a secret use of In-Vestment. Here's what they see:

A spectator shuffles the deck and cuts it in half. The performer picks up the halves and holds them face up to display the face cards which are indifferent (5H, QS). Without bring the hands together, the faces of the packets are rubbed on the performers sleeves. The packets are slowly revolved face up and each packet now has a black Ace on them as per the classic Sleeve Aces. The black Aces are tossed onto the table where the audience again sees the 5H and QS. So, these cards did not change to Aces but were magically transferred from outside of the sleeves. The packets are now handed to two spectators and each rub their packet on your sleeve. When the packets are turned over, the red Aces appear. These Aces are thumbed off and the 5H and QS are still on the face.

This uses no gimmicks or extra cards. As I wrote, the packets never come together to steal cards from packet-to-packet as in most versions of this trick. I use the "Fast-Steal" from my In-Vestment to accomplish this.

For those who know my "Meddler's Assembly" you now need no lapping or palming to perform the unexpected transformation of the four Kings/three x cards into the four Aces. The deck is also never in play.

Do you use a Mem Deck, large set up, small set-up, gimmicks and want to effortlessly ring them in and even out multiple times in from of the same audience with a casual gesture?

Do you want to clean up your card handling, so it appears more direct and magical?

Do you perform seated and/or standing at the table, behind the bar, or in front of an open air audience?

Then In-Vest.

Thank you for your time.

Steve
Ado
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1033 Posts

Profile of Ado
Steve, thanks for the detailed answer.

P!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Do You Wear A Vest? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL