The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Michael Ammar Easy To Master Card Miracles (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I have 1 - 6 of this set (on old vhs and DVD) but I was wondering if 7, 8 and 9 were worth a look (or were they like a bad sequel, not as strong of material, came out too late past the first 6...?) I have never really heard any talk about these 3 volumes but tons of praise for the first 6. Anyone that has them care to comment on the material in these 3 vols compared to the others?

Thanks Smile
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Lee Stan
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Lee Stan
You can find some performances from vol 7-9 on youtube. That might help you decide whether to buy the last 3 volumes.

https://www.youtube.com/user/MichaelAmmar
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Good link, thanks Smile

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1407 Posts

Profile of lynnef
I was pleased with #9 for a number of effects (eg an impromptu OOTW which borrows from Harry Lorayne and Aldo Columbini). My favorite by far is Larry Jennings 'The Visitor'...so wickedly deceptive, you'll laugh at how its done. I know it sounds funny, but I deeply appreciate 'the Real Secrets' sections on the tapes. Lynn
Cardflipper
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Cardflipper
Quote:
On Apr 1, 2014, lynnef wrote:
I was pleased with #9 for a number of effects (eg an impromptu OOTW which borrows from Harry Lorayne and Aldo Columbini). My favorite by far is Larry Jennings 'The Visitor'...so wickedly deceptive, you'll laugh at how its done. I know it sounds funny, but I deeply appreciate 'the Real Secrets' sections on the tapes. Lynn

Could not agree more. It's a great set.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I wonder why that set slipped by quietly when 1-3 and 4-6 (both of which I love) were all the rage at the time. (That was before there was so much internet and you wore out the tapes rewinding over and over too.) I may need to save some pennies. Im sure, like all his other work, you wont go wrong.

Smile Smile
orchid666
View Profile
Special user
u.k
626 Posts

Profile of orchid666
Highly recommended poof! They seem a little more...mature?
I agree that Jennings 'the visitor' along with Socrates cards to pocket, sleeve aces, and two shuffles Harry are some of the best routines on the whole set.
I also wondered why these appeared so quietly. Jerry sadowitz asked me if I'd seen vol 7, and I thought he was winding me up!
Kx
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
There's a lot of good material on those 3 volumes. You won't be disappointed. With all the deals L &L is always having you should be able to get them for a get price.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Cardflipper
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Cardflipper
I think if you buy the full set of DVDs (1 thru 9) directly from Ammar's website, he offers a great deal. Same thing if you buy DVDs from Daryl's website (Fooler Doolers). Huge discounts if you buy his Encyclopedia of Card Sleights 1 thru 8.
KokoB
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of KokoB
I have the whole collection & yes they are worth having, I wish they continued on making more of them with new stuff. You got so much for your money. Now they make 1 trick dvd's for the same price & at time they are not good at all.
Chamberlain
View Profile
Special user
629 Posts

Profile of Chamberlain
Out of all the full set, I perform the most material from Volumes 1-4. It seems they added a bunch of filler effects for vols 7-9 (they could have combined the best tricks on one dvd).

You'd be a lot better off investing in Harry Loraynes Best Ever DVD sets for stronger impromptu card magic.
lcwright1964
View Profile
Special user
Toronto
569 Posts

Profile of lcwright1964
The OOTW on Vol. 9 really is an awesome approach--you basically do the R/B separation on the fly, and you create the conditions where doing this seems the most natural thing in the world. The spec gets to shuffle the cards and see the mixed up colours for himself at the outset, making his subsequent "clairvoyance" really diabolical. In the vid, Ammar's assistant is David, the omnipresent L&L spectator, and it's always a thrill to see how gobsmacked this fellow looks when he is fooled yet again. Yeah, I think there are some great bits on the later volumes--this isn't the only one. P.S., with apologies to Harry, I have to say I prefer this OOTW over OOTU, simply because it goes by quicker and there is less repetitive dealing.
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1407 Posts

Profile of lynnef
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2014, Chamberlain wrote:
Out of all the full set, I perform the most material from Volumes 1-4. It seems they added a bunch of filler effects for vols 7-9 (they could have combined the best tricks on one dvd).

You'd be a lot better off investing in Harry Loraynes Best Ever DVD sets for stronger impromptu card magic.

I absolutely love Harry's Best Ever; and I would agree that if one wants 'stronger impromptu card magic', they should go to this. But me thinks that its a bit unfair to compare to Ammar, who has many effects which are not impromptu, including packet material. I stand by my thumbs up review for the volumes 7-9; so a little friendly disagreement there. Lynn
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1614 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Those are truly real card magic miracles I learnt from this wonderful set and I still perform most of them after a decade, namely:

Vol 1
8 CARD BRAINWAVE (Nick Trost)
RED HOT MAMA (Ryan/Everhart/Leech)
ACROBATIC ACES
TRIUMPH (Dai Vernon)

Vol 2
TWISTING THE ACES (Dai Vernon)
DALEY'S LAST TRICK (Dr. Jacob Daley)
THE AMBITIOUS CARD (Ammar, 4 phase, pop up as climax)

Vol 4
DUNBURY ACES (Charlie Miller / Dave Lederman)
JC'S SUPER CLOSER (JC Wagner)
RESET (Paul Harris)
UNTOUCHED (Daryl)
LAZY MAN'S CARD TRICK (Al Koran)

Vol 5
Henry Christ's Fabulous Four Ace Trick (Henry Christ)
Out of Sight, Out of Mind (Dai Vernon)

Vol 6
Play It Straight Triumph (John Bannon)
Sleeve Aces (Al Leech)

Vol 9
The Visitor (Larry Jennings)
Impromptu, 1/2 Deck, Out of this World Plus (Paul Curry, Harry Lorayne, Aldo Colombini, Michael Ammar)
21st Century 21 Card Trick (Edward Marlo)

As you can see, vol 1-6 have a very heavy portion in my beginning learning curve, while for vol 7-9, only vol 9 has a number of effects STRONG ENOUGH equals to materials in vol 1-6 in my humble opinion.

All in all without this wonderful DVD set I probably will not in magic at all, card magic in particular.
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
sohaib
View Profile
Special user
San Ramon, CA
577 Posts

Profile of sohaib
This is the best DVD set on Card Magic
out there

After all these years, it's the material
on here that I use the most
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
I learned practically all of these tricks by reading books. Hundreds of hours reading small print text without many illustrations searching for the "gems".

Then, Michael Ammar puts out "Easy to Master Card Miracles" and basically presents all of these classic card tricks on a silver platter to those who don't read books.

Am I bitter? No... not at all. Smile

Robert
MuscleMagic
View Profile
Special user
794 Posts

Profile of MuscleMagic
You will get lots of mileage out of those dvd's (ammar loves saying "lots of mileage")
Magic-Scott
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of Magic-Scott
All of Ammar's ETMCM dvds are excellent - great teaching style and some gems on each one....
darho
View Profile
New user
Göttingen, Germany
75 Posts

Profile of darho
You can study this collection a long time. Some oft the tricks you will perform for the rest of your life.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Michael Ammar Easy To Master Card Miracles (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL