The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! » » Jesus And The Thieves Trick (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

markofmagic
View Profile
Elite user
480 Posts

Profile of markofmagic
I know that there was some discussion on a thread about the “The Jesus And The Thieves” trick. Just wanted everyone to know that Laflin Magic has them back in stock and they are fantastic. They are made a little different that the ones that they had in the past. Great looking set of plumes. The trick comes complete with everything that you need for the trick plus a great looking display base to hold them in. If you are still interested get them while they are still available.
jamiedoyle
View Profile
Special user
Lafayette, IN
619 Posts

Profile of jamiedoyle
One of my favorite routines to do during the Easter season.
Jamie Doyle
International President - Fellowship of Christian Magicians
jamiedoylemagic.com
Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1366 Posts

Profile of Mark Boody Illusionist
Placing my order tonight. This has been on my wish list since it first came out.

Mark
Only he who can see the invisible can do the impossible. Frank L. Gaines
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Yes, I had gone back and forth on this in the last couple of weeks. Had seen the stock at 36, now down to 31. It's disappointing to me that Laflin Magic has increased the price today again today, from $135 to $149. Had received some unexpected funds today that convinced me to "treat" myself with a new effect for my Easter performance. Now, I think I'll pass
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
I have had "Jesus and the Thieves" for many years. Until one day, I lost one of my thick outer brown feather/plumes. Some church janitor someplace probably has it in his supply room after I mispacked it or left it on the floor somewhere. Ouch. I recently also lost or misplaced my Steven's Magic appearing latex shovel- probably left it under a stage curtain somewhere. That hurt, haven't had the money to replace that yet. Was cute though while it lasted.

The new "Jesus and the Thieves" set sold by Laflin is probably better David said- the plume stems are longer and appear easier to pull out of the narrow tube. If you ordered a set today, David sends you a temporary stand, then he is sending out later a second stand which is better suited for the new longer stems. The new plumes are black instead of brown.

Wierdly enough, I ordered a set today after David called me on my cell phone when I could not get the web site to work just right. And that was earlier today before I even read this Magic Café' thread just now about the same effect... Wow... pretty neato.

I also ordered "Daniel and the Lions"- the web site said it was out of stock- David said he'd correct that as he does have them right now. Smile And I also got a replacement "What's Next?" which I also have not done in many years- of course- you guessed it- I can't find the one I bought at Abbott's Get-Together many years ago. This trick seemed kind of old for awhile as everyone was doing it, but that seems to have changed recently.

See you this Friday hopefully at Taylor, Michigan for the FCM Creative Ministries Conference, hope I have some money left after buying all that stuff from David Laflin today! (who was a true gentleman over the phone, I was very pleased).

The moral of the story- Bus needs to be more careful with his props- they can be easily lost in the hustle and bustle of packing up a show while talking to people, being surrounded by prying kids, etc.. An expensive lesson learned.
markofmagic
View Profile
Elite user
480 Posts

Profile of markofmagic
You all will love the new ones they are much nicer looking than the ones they use to sell and I think thaey are also easier to use also. They are worth the small price increase.
markofmagic
View Profile
Elite user
480 Posts

Profile of markofmagic
Magicbus : They should receive the new bases for the trick today.
markofmagic
View Profile
Elite user
480 Posts

Profile of markofmagic
Also I just found out that one reason for the price increase it now comes with twon stands.
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2004 Posts

Profile of tbaer
If the new plumes now come in black, I'm assuming the April's video of Jesus and the Thieves from Grand Magic Magazine was the older version brown plumes. The brown shell plume looked awful on the video, very flat and stiff looking.
markofmagic
View Profile
Elite user
480 Posts

Profile of markofmagic
Well, I can assure that new ones look great
markofmagic
View Profile
Elite user
480 Posts

Profile of markofmagic
OOPS that was suppose to be two stands
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2004 Posts

Profile of tbaer
MagicBus, I'm glad you informed us the new plumes are black. Markofmagic, I'm glad you informed us the new ones look great, because based on the video, some folks like me, may have been turned off, of how the brown shell looked on the video. Duane did say he had that same set for 20 years and that may be the reason the brown shell is showing its wear.
SDMoore1
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of SDMoore1
Had never heard of that shop. Great looking effect, and a neat looking shop!

This place(magic Café) continues to impress me...
markofmagic
View Profile
Elite user
480 Posts

Profile of markofmagic
These are selling fast. If you want one you should get your order in quick.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! » » Jesus And The Thieves Trick (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL