The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Deflect by Skulkor - DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Deflect is portable, self-contained on the case and doesn't affect your everyday card use. The performer draws something on cello of the playing card case. And before the spectators' eyes. the writing changes and when they think the miracle is over, the writing changes back! The performer will erase the writing with his finger to show it's completely clean. The spectator can even touch the cello! On top of that the writing or marking is fully customizable and it's also able to be INSTANTLY RESET after each performance.

Deflect is always ready to go whenever you want it, It is a MUST HAVE for your deck of playing cards.

Visual Magic
Fully Customizable
Revelation Created In front of spectator, changed, and wiped away right after

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S17763
airztonne
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of airztonne
Oh wow! looks very cool - I wonder if there's and angles issues or stuff like that???
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1997 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Remember me something that Kevin Schaller put out a while ago called P.W.P (or Plastic Surgery, for free on the wire : http://www.theory11.com/wire/kevin-schal......urgery/)

Looks cool !
Get yourself Stamper and MONU, the perfect walkaround packet tricks: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms & https://youtu.be/yz5yKlI-4w8

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
dedikc
View Profile
Veteran user
France (Lyon)
340 Posts

Profile of dedikc
Hello All,

In our French Magigazine that review some of the product that are New in the magic Area, we juste review Deflect by SKULKOR

This Episode is in Englich Subtitle, just click on the youtube subtitle button.

Thanks to Murphys to send us this product.

Here's the Vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F72KEOUyrOc
On the down side of the vid, there is a chapter mark with the picture of the product to facilitate de navigation.

Feel free to ask us what you want to know and to tell us what you Think about our Magazine. It's the number 17, the other are in french now, we try to subtitle it.

If you want to helps us, feel free to contact us: magigazine@gmail.com
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
Spellochange? but on the side of the box instead of the back? Although the visual change from one card to another is different than jesse's version.
dedikc
View Profile
Veteran user
France (Lyon)
340 Posts

Profile of dedikc
You are right.
But the global idea have similarities.

In this one, you have to be very close to see the effect.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Why would you draw something on the narrow side of the box rather than on the front or back?
dedikc
View Profile
Veteran user
France (Lyon)
340 Posts

Profile of dedikc
I have the same point of view Bob.
Not natural.
bobbyk
View Profile
Special user
Florida
683 Posts

Profile of bobbyk
Maybe you are correct about people wondering why I choose to write on the side but I've never had a comment about that or have seen any indication of concern. ...... I own both this and "offset" which allows for drawing on the back. While I tend to think "offset is perhaps a bit stronger because you can draw on the back...I must say, I had Deflect long before purchasing "offset" and I floored people with it.... No one seemed to care WHERE I drew a few lines but they sure were impressed watching it change in front of their eyes into their selection! I present it as a "Magicians secret code".... explaining that we have our own way to communicate so as to not give away any secrets etc...blah, blah, blah..... (I know) but Ive had a lot of fun with this one and have no issue recommending this and or "offset" to anyone who can force a card. However, I would point out that "Deflect" is stronger in one on one or a very small group & Offset works for most any size close up group...its simply easier to see....

I have 4 different decks set up for "Deflect" and a couple set up for "offset"...... I recommend either one! Easy to do & the reactions so far have made this & Offset a lot of fun to perform! If you like the idea...jump in. I suspect you will enjoy either one or both.

Best,
Bobby
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
This got a very favorable review in the current Linking Ring. I have and like offset so this intrigues me as the writing can revert back to it's original state. I wonder if one could have both gimmicks in one case. Somehow I don't think it will be possible but it is an intriguing possibility.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
restaurant3000
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of restaurant3000
I have enjoyed using Deflect very much and thought that it fit in very well with my table to table set, it was easy to perform the audience really loved it!

A couple of reasons why I will not be using this:
I'm lucky if the gimmick is in one piece at the end of the evening (my card case goes in and out of my pocket constantly).
The gimmick does not match most of my Bicycle decks (although this shouldn't be a problem as I think the newer bicycles will be compatible).

It's good that Deflect comes with 10 gimmicks, but I'm not going to waste the time and effort repairing and remaking and then eventually running out.

If a more durable solution such as a 2.0 was released I would consider buying the trick again.
Booyah!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Deflect by Skulkor - DVD (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL