The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Top 3 Packet Tricks for Strolling (22 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Don’t know if it’s been mentioned but Paul Gordon’s Corner of Piccadilly has been very successful for me. Just long enough, can be done into a spectator’s hand or on the table the oversized antique cards are interesting to look at.
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2538 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Quote:
On Jan 6, 2022, Xcath1 wrote:
Don’t know if it’s been mentioned but Paul Gordon’s Corner of Piccadilly has been very successful for me. Just long enough, can be done into a spectator’s hand or on the table the oversized antique cards are interesting to look at.

For a Real World (in the hands) worker, I really don't think any other 'packet trick' actually beats this routine.

Moreover, as you correctly say, the antique cards add to both the storyline and the interest; and even tend to detract away from it being just another card trick.

There's a clip on youtube somewhere of Craig Petty performing this routine to a really annoying, boozed-up bint. Even so, the reaction is quite superb; and well worth searching for, particularly if anyone is considering its purchase and wants to see its value.

EDIT: Here's the link - hopefully it works:
https://youtu.be/iVa3MARG__A
Barry Allen

Over 15 years have now passed - and still missing Abra Magazine arriving every Saturday morning.
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2538 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Just to add that my favourite strolling Packet Trick is something called 'Changing Shapes' by Joe Riding. It's been a regular with me since 1980.

It's a 4 card Twising the Aces type of routine; but with multiple colour changes to the backs throughout. When you gamblers cop the necessary and throw the 4 cards down for examination.......well let's just say I've been performing it for over 40 years for a very good reason. Smile

Another packet trick that I always perform, albeit with Jumbo Cards (which always gets a laugh before you even do anything), is Joe Riding's Irish 3 Card Trick.....using 4 cards. I cannot put into words the value that I have placed upon this wonderful trick over many, many years.
Barry Allen

Over 15 years have now passed - and still missing Abra Magazine arriving every Saturday morning.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
To pick only 3 is tough but based on the ones ive performed the most at actual paying gigs I would have to go with the following:

Dr Daley's Last Trick
Twisting The Aces with my own kicker finish
Corner Of Piccadilly
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I have done many packet tricks over the years, but a few that have stuck with me I offer here in 3 sets are…

-Twisting The Aces & The Daley Trick, because they are just excellent immediate tricks to do from a regular deck, no gaffs necessary.

-NFW & Double Back, because of the sheer impossibility of it.

-B’Wave & Capitulating Queens…Love the compact presentation & mentalism of B’Wave, and ever since an old friend from Canada gave me CQ, it’s definitely been a fun keeper.

All these tricks are classic packet effects for me. I don’t do them all anymore but they are all well worth checking out. I used to practice and present them almost daily. But now since more so playing around with a regular deck, and as mostly a decent-at-best coin guy, I really enjoy doing Twisting the Aces, it’s just got a little of everything in it as to moves, overall presentation & amazement, and just plain old fun. 😊 And all from a regular deck of cards, or just from 4 Aces you carry in your wallet.
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
AndyMo805
View Profile
New user
San Luis Obispo, CA
43 Posts

Profile of AndyMo805
I've had GREAT Luck strolling with B-Wave (Max Maven)... Contact (Rick Lax)... and a Card Warp Routine.
RobertApodaca
View Profile
Regular user
Henderson, NV
150 Posts

Profile of RobertApodaca
I've never done Twisted Sisters in a strolling setting, but I think it would be great for a table of 2.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Well he got his 50 one sentence posts I doubt we’ll See him much more lol.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
RobertApodaca
View Profile
Regular user
Henderson, NV
150 Posts

Profile of RobertApodaca
Quote:
On Sep 12, 2022, Dannydoyle wrote:
Well he got his 50 one sentence posts I doubt we’ll See him much more lol.

This is actually my second account. I lost access to my old account. Known about the Café for over 10 years. Old account was Drizzt240.
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
I can't remember if I've posted on this thread in the past, but on the first page Pete Biro mentions three of the tricks Marion also named above: B'wave, Twisting the Aces and Double Back. I'd have to say these are all ones I've gotten the most mileage out of for strolling as well. They're just great, classic tricks.
If I'm table hopping I'll also add in Color Monte, Ultimate 3 Card Monte and Virginia City Shuffle, but for strictly strolling at a party those first three are hard to beat for reactions, skill level and instant reset.
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7529 Posts

Profile of RNK
Well, though it doesn't use cards but it the same size as a packet trick I am thinking that the newly released OVERDRAFT will become one of the top picks for strolling.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1715 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
I'm hoping for great reviews on OVERDRAFT as well given its size and visual impact. I'm tired of everything being so overhyped these days and am happy to wait on following others' experiences. This has potential.

Dan.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7529 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Sep 26, 2022, Amazing Magic Co wrote:
I'm hoping for great reviews on OVERDRAFT as well given its size and visual impact. I'm tired of everything being so overhyped these days and am happy to wait on following others' experiences. This has potential.

Dan.

Oh I think Overdraft is going to be fantastic! The effect is what it is as shown in the demo and I know when performing the color changing knives people really enjoy the routine. This is essentially the same effect just using cards. I'm exciting to grab a copy!
Check out Bafflingbob.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Top 3 Packet Tricks for Strolling (22 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL