The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Joshua Jay Lectures in San Francisco (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Joe Pon
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of Joe Pon
Joshua Jay Lectures in San Francisco

“I consider Joshua Jay an important emerging voice in our art”…David Blaine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXmKiPpJfxs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibIWFQKKXWg

“THE INFERNO LECTURE"
Tuesday, April 22, 2014

8:00 pm – doors open at 7:45

$30.00 advance-members before deadline

$35.00 advance-deadline 4/16/14

$40.00 at the door

Call: Misdirections Magic Shop for advance tickets (415) 566-2180
www.misdirections.com

Miraloma Park Improvement Club

350-O’Shaughnessy Boulevard

“I consider Joshua Jay an important emerging voice in our art”…David Blaine

One of magic’s most eclectic and accomplished rising stars, Joshua Jay has a purpose: to show people that things aren’t always as they seem. And that’s important, because seeing things differently is where fascination, inspiration and hope come from. Through his performances, blending sleight of hand, psychology and wit…through his photography, film and art…through his writing, lecturing and innovation…Joshua Jay challenges you to challenge our perceptions, because the secret is right in front of you!

Joshua Jay has been called magic’s Renaissance man by “Magic Magazine” and has performed in over 50 countries and appears regularly on national television (most recently on “Good Morning America” and the “Today Show.”) As an author, he has written 13 books for magicians including the best-selling: “MAGIC: The Complete Course” and was the monthly trick editor for “Magic Magazine.” As a consultant, he has developed commercials for HBO’s “Game of Thrones,” and “Boardwalk Empire,” plus designed toys for “Marvel Comics.” As for magicians, he has won 1st Place in “The World Magic Seminar,” “Columbus Magic Fest,” Tannen’s International Magician’s Competition,” twice at the “International Battle of Magicians,” named “Magician of the Year” by Society of American Magicians and is the co-owner of “Vanishing Inc.”

Joshua Jay’s Lecture will teach effects with cards, coins, dollar bills, matches, books, and more. You will see mentalism, close-up magic, and parlor effects, as well as his game-changing talk, “Decisions.” Here is just a sample of what he will explain in detail: Hitchcock: Part mystery story, part card trick, ALL magic. A card trick that astounds even parlor crowds. Cornered Complete: A borrowed bill appears in a spectator's wallet, and to end, the torn-off corner of the bill is restored with a flash of fire. Prism Deck: Joshua's signature color-changing deck routine. Entirely in the hands, visual, and with a surprise ending. Sherlock: A spectator selects any one of SEVEN decks of cards, thinks of any card in the pack, and hides it. Using the tactics of Sherlock Holmes, you discern which pack was selected and which card was chosen. A magician-fooler and a crowd pleaser. Oh, and the routine is unpublished. Triad Coins: This is Joshua's latest effect, and is not published. You'll have to come to see what it looks like. Cylinder and Coins: A NEW handling of this classic effect, in which all the props (except the coins themselves) have been replaced. As a special bonus: Joshua will perform and explain all the nuances to his latest creation, “Inferno,” which was just voted “Trick of the Year.”

“Good magic hides the trick. Great magic reveals some sort of truth. It’s a form of self-expression. I want my magic to be meaningful. I want people to find more in it than deception. People should enjoy magic, of course, but they should also feel connected to others through it. Magic should cause people to reconsider what they think they know and the way they perceive things.”… Joshua Jay

“Joshua Jay is one of America’s finest young magicians.”-Richard Kaufman “I’ve known the best magicians for the past 50 years: Joshua Jay is certainly near the top of the list.”-Harry Lorayne “Joshua is talented; creative…I foresee great things for him.”-Michael Close “He scares me because his is so good.”-Lennart Green “Josh Jay is a bright new rising star in the world of magic.”-Simon Lovell “Joshua Jay is the most accomplished young artist to come along in many years.”-Roger Klause “His material is creative and refreshing.”-Aldo Colombini “Joshua is a young lad who thinks, is original, and very creative.”-Allen Ackerman “He is one of our future magic stars.”-Jon Racherbaumer “A world class magician-in-the-making.”-Tom Mullica “Right away, I knew there was something special about this guy.”-Gregory Wilson “This kid is going places.”-Lance Burton

JOSHUA JAY IS THE FUTURE OF MAGIC AND WILL BE IN SAN FRANCISCO FOR ONE NIGHT ONLY! DO NOT MISS YOUR CHANCE TO LEARN FROM ONE OF THE MOST KNOWLEDGEABLE MAGICIANS IN THE WORLD!!!

Miraloma Park Improvement Club-350 O’Shaughnessy Boulevard, San Francisco-Free Parking

Directions: East Bay: Bay Bridge to 101S toward Daly City; merge 280S; Monterey Blvd/Bosworth Exit; go northwest Bosworth-becomes O’Shaughnessy to Del Vale; lt Del Vale Peninsula: 280N toward Daly City; merge 280S; Monterey Blvd/Bosworth exit; go northwest on Bosworth becomes O’Shaughnessy; lt Del Vale North Bay: Golden Gate Bridge 101S; 19th Ave exit; rt Lincoln; lt 20th Ave; rt Irving; rt 7th Ave; rt Laguna Honda; lt Woodside becomes O’Shaughnessy; rt Del Vale.

THIS IS A MISDIRECTIONS MAGIC SHOP EXCLUSIVE!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Joshua Jay Lectures in San Francisco (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL