The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Poveglia's Ghost Tales (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
Amazing post! Thank you for sharing.
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
Poveglia
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, FL
240 Posts

Profile of Poveglia
Thanks Mat and George!

George, you should take a trip to Los Heredias Mansion in Andalucia if you are still located in Spain. That's another place I'd love to visit!
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Thanks, I will look it up and see if I can organise something.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Wow, a fascinating story really enjoyed the read,many thanks for sharing.
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Lovely. Venice is dear to my heart. 36 visits and over a seven year period, 35 days a year there....it is simply magical....
Daisydog
View Profile
Loyal user
220 Posts

Profile of Daisydog
Going to Lake Garda soon. Might head over to Venice. Enjoyed your stories.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5157 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Quote:
On May 31, 2014, DrTodd wrote:
Lovely. Venice is dear to my heart. 36 visits and over a seven year period, 35 days a year there....it is simply magical....

I am envious DrTodd. I've only been there once and hope to go back. It was indeed magical. We went in late November, after tourist season. The streets were busy, but not crowded. Upon arrival our first trip on the Grand Canal was on a "bus" with school kids. We didn't feel like tourists, but rather witnesses to another way of life that hasn't really changed for centuries. And the architecture, and food, and beautiful people...don't even get me started.

It was all topped off by our final night, St. Martin's Day. A cool, cloudless evening, Venetian children run through the city, from shop to shop, and home to home, banging pots and pans. You give them a few coins and they're off. It didn't matter that we didn't know the history of the tradition, it was pure wonder none the less.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5157 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
After re-reading my post, I realized I may have taken the edge off of Poveglia's original intent. So, on the creepier side of Venice, at a family picnic over Memorial Day, the subject of "Don't Look Know" came up. Most of us felt it was one of the most terrifying movies we've ever seen. And Venice, the "City of Love," never looked so dark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUWB-Kw4FiM

If you haven't seen this, see it. Don't Google it (or look at any other YouTube trailers), because you'll learn too much. Just see it.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Poveglia's Ghost Tales (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL