The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Miniature Haunted House (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

restlessplots
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of restlessplots
I am working on a project to creat a miniature haunted house. I understand there is a manuscript on this subject: The Great Leon's "Miniature Haunted House" manuscript.

Anyone know where to buy this?

REST
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
It's a real oldie dating to at least the early 1970s. I bought a copy in Tannen's. Between the Sandman "Doll's House" story and the current fascination with the dear departed, this could be a great hit. Tannen's, Hank Lee, and keep looking. It had nice illustrations and photos.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
The Surnateum's haunted doll house...
http://www.surnateum.org/surnateum/colle......ison.htm
The story contains all the elements of the routine, but don't forget that's copyrighted...
Law
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of Law
Quote:
On 2004-01-10 22:22, restlessplots wrote:
Anyone know where to buy this?

http://www.magicinc.net/index.asp?PageAc......odID=785
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Anybody done this using a real toy/doll setup like a Barbie Dream House?

Some therapists use toys for patients to set up diaoramas and discuss. For some reason this routine seems amost pregnant with bizarre possibilities.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Rest,
On Karl Bartoni's wonderful site Dragonskull (www.dragonskull.co.uk), in the Secret Passages section, Michael Henry has a whole routine with a dollhouse, complete with pictures of his working dollhouse.
Very eerie!
You'll need a password to get in but that shouldn't be any trouble.
cheers,
Peter Marucci
showtimecol@aol.com
restlessplots
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of restlessplots
Thanks Peter, that is where I got the idea for this project. Thanks for everyone's help..I look forward to working on this project.

REST
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
I love Michael's doll house. He's a good friend of mine. . .a fellow Master Class attendee, and member of the Seven (an outgrowth of spending too much time reading Eugene Burger books). He makes his own dollhouses in his spare time (of which he doesn't seem to have much, the bugger does so many different things). He'd probably be happy to share info with you.

PM me for his email if you'd like to contact him (actually it may be listed on dragonskull, I can't remember).

Mark
What would Wavy do?
PossumSlimm
View Profile
New user
MN
79 Posts

Profile of PossumSlimm
Wow! There's all sorts of excellent material on the Dragon Skull page, for free no less! Thanks for the tip.
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
ARGH! I couldn't figure out the password! I'm such a dork!
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
JudgeBean
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of JudgeBean
Side note:

the haunted dollhouse was orginally
a great victorian ghost story.

"The Haunted Dolls' House and Other Stories by MR James"
many duplicated the story but M.R. James wrote the orginal. great Story
(This is for the bizarrists that likes to put history and
literature with their with their effects)

Judge Bean
SandyWeber
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of SandyWeber
I made a version of The Great Leon's haunted house many years ago (actually in my teens). It went off fairly well and the effects are interesting. You do need a bit of distance between you and the audience so as to not give away the secret. The effects are mostly based on a single principle.

BTW, if you are near the Chicago area, stop in to Magic, Inc.. They have one sitting on a shelf in the store (I do not believe it is for sale, though) - plus you get to meet Jay Marshall if you are there at the right time!

Sandy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Miniature Haunted House (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL