The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Trinity Prediction Box by Magic Wagon (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1050 Posts

Profile of tdowell
In my opinion this is one of the finest Magic Wagon releases since Blue Phantom or perhaps Hydro Die.

Effect: Lift the lid on a small ornate wooden box. There is $100 bill inside. You remove the bill and offer a $100 if you can't make a perfect prediction of one of three objects. You drop a folded written prediction you wrote down in advance in the box and put the lid on. You stand away from the box. Any three objects used (i.e., apple, orange, or banana for instance, but can be any three objects) - spectator has a free choice of any (there is no force or questioning). Spectator names one, you approach the box, immediately lift the lid and the spectator removes the written prediction, opens it up, and finds it matches perfectly. Works perfect 100% of the time (no better outcomes than others). Completely mechanical in operation but the mechanics are subtle and there is no fiddling or holding the box itself which stays on the table the whole time.

Five out of five stars.
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Sounds good, but isn't it just a 33% probability you would get it right anyways?

Regards,
Mike
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1050 Posts

Profile of tdowell
No, it's 33.333333333333333+ percent. Smile
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Smile
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
magicwatcher2005
View Profile
Elite user
Washington state
446 Posts

Profile of magicwatcher2005
If a 1/3 prediction WITH A $100 PENALTY for being wrong doesn't impress you I suggest to quit your job, sell all your possessions, gather up all your money and go to Vegas. When you get there spend your entire time at a roulette table betting on one of three sections - 1-12, 13-24, or 25-36. Do let us know how it works out for you.

The idea here is that the performer is putting $100 cash on the line, which he loses if he guesses wrong. Most audience members are risk-adverse enough to impressed by this, assuming the entire presentation doesn't otherwise suck.
Rick11
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of Rick11
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2014, tdowell wrote:
In my opinion this is one of the finest Magic Wagon releases since Blue Phantom or perhaps Hydro Die.

Five out of five stars.

This is a five out of five stars! Great piece of mini magic.
MagicDog
View Profile
Regular user
Michigan
174 Posts

Profile of MagicDog
I have used mine in my last three shows one for kids and two for adults worked like a charm and it got the reaction I was hoping for.

John
Make Everyday Magical
aechecop
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of aechecop
Great prop as expected from any MW creation. The method is awesome and works flawlessly, I love mine.
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
I love this little box, works great with the right movements ...

These movements are unfortunately not explained in the original manual

A good story telling application to see here: https://youtu.be/5dtdzNdub5g
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Trinity Prediction Box by Magic Wagon (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL