The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Best self levitation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Vikke Matikainen
View Profile
New user
Finland
60 Posts

Profile of Vikke Matikainen
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense."
- Tom Clancy
silverfire9
View Profile
Veteran user
Rochester Hills, MI
323 Posts

Profile of silverfire9
Quote:
On 2004-02-28 12:25, AJOJRF wrote:
I see people saying how great the balducci is on here all the time, but to be honest I don't see how they can think that. I have yet to come across a spectator that doesn't have at least a basic knowledge of how the balducci works. Maybe its my area but I know I was forced to learn something new.

James

You have a point, but I've found plenty of people that didn't know it at all. I performed it more or less on the spur of the moment for a coworker once, and her jaw literally dropped. My other coworkers then walked in, found out what happened, and were promptly, "Oh, you mean the thing where he goes up on one foot?"

In my own family, absolutely no one had even seen it before, let alone knew how it was done. I think I've run into more people that did not know it than people that did.

So, there are people who know and there are people who don't. A good thing may be to have a backup levitation method handy in case they *do* know. That way, when they're all, "I know how it's done," you can "prove them wrong" by using a different method. Or you can pass the Balducci off as a joke and say something like, "Yeah, I know. If I really knew how to levitate, it'd look like this:" and do the other method.
James F
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
1096 Posts

Profile of James F
That's often the quote I get too. If someone is discussing David Blaine and it goes into levitation, at least someone says something about "Oh the one where he raises up on one toe?" I agree though, that not EVERYONE knows how its done so it is still a usable method for levitation. I really like your idea of having a second method just incase someone does know how its done. If they did know the balducci, and then you went on to do the Elevator I think the spectators would be even more amazed afterwards than if you had just done the elevator.
themagicofjoseph
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of themagicofjoseph
Where is a good site to find the eleivator? Thankyou
Joe <><
James F
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
1096 Posts

Profile of James F
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2708 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Without stating the obvious, if you go to the 'Street Magic' Forum page there is a sponsored link to The Elevator at the top of the forum topic list.

http://www.masterofillusions.ca/products_byL2.htm
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
Silverfire9 said it just right,
cause the Elevator and the balducci work very well together, after you have done both they have seen you from all angles, and there will be no doubt that "this guy really did float" - mission accomplished.

-e-
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
themagicofjoseph
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of themagicofjoseph
Kinesis..my apologies, it's my second day on site and I'm still feeling my way around.
magicman123
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of magicman123
Quote:
On 2004-02-27 10:35, Eirik wrote:
That's why you should check out The Elevator,
you don't need any misdirection, and the spectators can look you right in the eyes as you float, and rotate right infront of them with no cover and barefooted..
Top that!

Where can I see the elevator in action?
-e-
Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
Well magicman123 I see you added a question to my original post. not exactly the in the right place to put it, but ok..

If you wonder were you can find The Elevator in action,
you can watch it here:
http://www.masterofillusions.ca/master%2......ideo.htm

-e-
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2708 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
I just want to say that all it takes is one awesome reaction to prove the power of the Balducci Levitation. I have known the working of it for a while, but I never really perform it. Once in a while, if someone mentions Blaine and asks how he floated, I will do it to show them what he did. In the past, the reaction had been "yeah, that looks cool". They have not ever been blown away. But I'd only done it a handful of times and maybe my angles weren't right.

Well, the Blaine topic came up again this weekend while playing cards at a buddies house. I stood one of my buddies up, positioned myself at the correct angle, and did it, expecting him to say "yeah, that's cool, but he floated for real, a few feet!". But nope, I got a different response. An open jaw and a look of utter disbelief. My buddy then ran and grabbed my two other buddies and said "watch this, watch his feet!!". I did it again for the two new spectators. I finished it, and one of the new guys is sorta into magic and he knew the technique. But the other new spectator said nothing. Just a look on his face like he just saw a ghost!! And this is a guy who will normally venture several guesses after I show him any trick. I left him speechless!

Man, this experience made me want to perfect a self-levitation and it made me witness to the powerful effect that self-levitation has on people!
You don't drown by falling in the water;

you drown by staying there.

- Edwin Louis Cole
Danzig
View Profile
New user
Charlottesville,Virginia
24 Posts

Profile of Danzig
Balducci is the best the worst is the elevator its pretty much the balducci in a different form.
jfkkraemer
View Profile
Elite user
SoCal
481 Posts

Profile of jfkkraemer
Hey Danzig, I'm curious as to how the Elevator is pretty much the Balducci in a different form. I own both E1 and E2 and I am pretty sure these two methods are a whole lot different from the Balducci. The Elevator is a wonderful idea and a great magic illusion.

Jeff K
NFox
View Profile
Inner circle
I Do Mentalism Now?!
1101 Posts

Profile of NFox
Elevator is pretty much the balducci in different form?! Well then it is a form so different that it is actually it's own illusion, which when you own it/have time to play with it will realize that can far surpass the balducci. Anyway, I find it pointless to argue "best/worst" becuase both of those are relative absolutes, based on personal experience, performance environment, and preference. I don't think that you can directly argue whether one effect is ever better than any other, simply list the pros and cons (advantages/limitations) and weigh them against your needs in order to find what is best for you.

Nick Fox
"Obscuring Reality"- Gone but not forgotten...

FoxIllusions.com
Danzig
View Profile
New user
Charlottesville,Virginia
24 Posts

Profile of Danzig
Jfkkraemer I have mistaken I was thinking of a different levitation. I'm sorry I screwed up.
sayer
View Profile
New user
Czech Republic
64 Posts

Profile of sayer
Balducci levitation.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Best self levitation (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL