The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Need magic for "Frozen" movie themed party (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MikeRaffone
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Profile of MikeRaffone
This will be for 6-7yr olds. Looking for some magic with audience participation for anything related to the movie Frozen. I can't do anything the requires cleaning up a mess.

I have Adam Grace's "Frozen" but need at least one other routine with audience participation.

I have some royalty costumes to dress up kids and telling some story but need ideas on a trick to go with it.

Any ideas are helpful.

Thanks.

Mike
Mike Perrello
DC Area's Leading Family Entertainment Expert
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
I think one of the qualities of a children's entertainer and magician is to have the talents and skills to be creative enough to come up with routines for a themed show. I personally believe it is a trait that is lacking in our art.

However, there is nothing wrong with asking for idea's so here are a couple.

Turn water into ice. Perform Snowstorm In China. Use Slush Powder.

:)
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
After the water turns to ice...

or as an alternative

have a chosen card appear in an ice cube

Harris
as said on Napoleon Dynamite...."I have skills"
and a snappy dancer, quipped Nigel
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Great ideas suggested. Another one would be to do Frankie the Snowman if you have it or can find it. It was put out by P and A silks. Ties in perfectly to winter and to the comical snowman in the movie itself.

Get white foam and cut them into snowball shapes. They do to have to be perfectly round. Then you can do sponge ball routine and the reason they vanish is because they melt in the heat of the hand. But if we believe in magic anything is possible. A lot you could do with that premise.

Make up a version of Pet Store Pranks where each of the cards are characters from the movie. You are trying to find the Big snow beast cause he is actually a nice guy. But you keep saying he is rift here and of course it is a different character and not the snow beast. The home hinged card could be the ice castle. You open it up and he is not there. Of course he appears behind the castle with a see do not see principle. Easy to do with some cardboard and computer print outs.

Use a Temple Screen and make panels to be the characters. Only when they come together does magic happen.

3 card monte (super easy version – can tell you more in a PM). It is the no moves version. You would have the snow beast on both sides and the hero in the middle but we can not get to the hero. The kids have to help you remember where the hero is. Of course the middle so we remove the hero with magic. (remove card after turning it backside to the audience. Show other 2 cards to be the beast. Well it looks like we saved her. But in reality we saved everyone cause in this story they ALL lived happily ever after and turn card over and it is the entire cast.

Professors nightmare done with white shoelaces. The concept here would be that they are scarfs. We have to have the scarfs equal sizes cause a small scarf is too short and will not protect us. The middle one is just right and the long one is much too long. But for our 3 heroes, we need them to be the same. Use whichever moves you like but it could tie in very well with this concept.

Just a few ideas off the top of my head.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Let it go... let it go... don't hold back anymore...
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
pbj100
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of pbj100
Quote:
On May 2, 2014, Danny Kazam wrote:
I think one of the qualities of a children's entertainer and magician is to have the talents and skills to be creative enough to come up with routines for a themed show. I personally believe it is a trait that is lacking in our art.

:)

Hi,
I sort of agree with you but with some reservations,
I think your right and we should be creative enough to do theme shows , however I would be very wary myself of creating them for one off birthday parties . We all know that what sounds great on paper does not always play that way. A show takes many performances beforeo
It is anywhere near smooth . I have done customised shows
But the last one I did was for (pembrokeshire coast national park authority ) it was a puppet show and I did several hundred performances a year for 7 years .
I also have a generic trade show act that I can slot a companies usp into but the act is basicaly the same with just a little customisation .

I charged the parks authority for the meetings ECT during development and they bought all the props / puppetts .

I think offereing to much customisation for one off parties unless you are charging a lot more is .
Making a rod for your own back. Ok if its just adding or 2 effects that you already own. But once you have done a theme for one parent then others may well expect the same !
I think I would look at the generic act that you could slot effects into but still the cash would need to be there!
Phil
Goldfield
View Profile
Veteran user
Traveller
388 Posts

Profile of Goldfield
I've used the talking board to draw the character 'Olof' from the movie.. He starts to melt so the kids send him back to the snow which leads into snowstorm (water to snow for a little kicker ending)

Good luck and post back your results!
The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love & be loved in return.
gmsmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of gmsmagic1
If you can find a party/gift shop or even Toys R Us that sells streamers of snowflakes that people sometimes use to decorate kids rooms (often made in art class at elementary schools), you could fold them all together into a pile and produce them from a small production box just like magicians produce streamers of silks. Using a milk pitcher or cup that utilizes the same milk pitcher gimmick, you could appear to pour the liquid into the box and then have the streamer of snow flakes come out.

Of course you could also simply buy white mouth coils, drink some water or milk, and proceed to pull out the streamer of white snow flakes - since I think the coils could pass off as snowflakes if you plant the thought in their mind before proceeding with the effect.

- Gary
MikeRaffone
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Profile of MikeRaffone
Lots of great stuff Kyle! Temple screen idea really has me thinking. Thanks so much!
That's awesome Peter, I almost always use the talking board when asked for a themed trick and the kids go nuts over it.
Thanks for sharing great stuff Gary. I have the snowflakes but never thought of using them as a production item.
Phil - You said that well and just to add ... when a client asks for a theme, I offer to perform a quick trick/routine that incorporates their theme with no extra charge. I try to add a second routine if possible as a surprise bonus for them, but I don't tell them about it in case I don't have time to come up with it. In the past I have had clients request the whole show customized to their theme, so in that case I quote them several hundred dollars above and beyond my price for cost of props, creation, planning, practice, etc. Usually they then say one trick is fine.
Mike Perrello
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Mike: You are most welcome. There is so much that can be done with stuff you may already have or by creating customized props easily to better suit the needs of the theme.

If you would like other ideas, just let me know. Happy to assist.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
akolodner
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of akolodner
I have used bubbles to solid clear "ice bubble". If you put it in the fridge it can even be cold in a child's hands.
Arnie Kolodner
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2140 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
Slush powder & snowstorm in china wouldve been my ideas as well. If you use a PA system, do the SSIC to 'Let it go' from the soundtrack, and have the BDG help you. I'm assuming that Frozen is her fave movie, so invite her up, give her a special ice-wand (or make one if you twist balloons) and have her freeze the water, then make it into a snowstorm to the song.

I you do balloons BTW, you might also make her an ice-tiara.
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I forgot the name of the trick. You show a clear bowl of water. You next reach in with your bare hand and pull out ice.
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
Dynamike - I think that's one's called "the one where you show a clear bowl of water and reach in with your bare hands and pull out ice." Smile

Great ideas. I love doing the Pet Store pranks with different themes. A "Top 10" type of effect also works well with kids.

I sneeze carrots in my show and then make jokes about Olaf.

When you invite volunteers up, you can ask them if they like Frozen and have them sing a line of their favorite song.

I make jokes about the boys liking Princess Elsa. Lots of jokes from frozen.

Teaching the kids water into ice is cool.

Good Luck!
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On May 21, 2014, dearwiseone wrote:
Dynamike - I think that's one's called "the one where you show a clear bowl of water and reach in with your bare hands and pull out ice." Smile

LOL
budja
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of budja
I mentioned this in another thread already but how about some sort of production? For example, using a crystal silk cylinder then producing a Anna or Elsa or Olaf toy.
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Danny Kazam and The Mighty Fool both mentioned Slush Powder. I get fantastic reactions with a variation of David Ginn's 3 Cup Monte, performed to a custom piece of music.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
MikeRaffone
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Profile of MikeRaffone
For additional info I have provided a link below:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=17
Mike Perrello
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Olof the above
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
Once Upon a Time TV show has the FROZEN lady on it.

Check her out she may give you an idea.

Little Bo Peep is a Villan in this one.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Need magic for "Frozen" movie themed party (8 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL