The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » A few spooky items (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Poveglia
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, FL
240 Posts

Profile of Poveglia
So last weekend, I took a trip to Tongeren, Belgium to visit the huge antique market that they have there. I bought a few antiques that I thought were kind of creepy and cool, so I thought I'd share them with you here. I'll be going back there again this weekend, so I'll post more if I decide to buy anything else.

Enjoy!

Creepy Antique Doll in Carriage

Old camera from the 1900's

Old camera from the 1960's
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Love the doll and carriage, I have a similar camera from the 60 s.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Nice finds!
Question, I know there have been quite a few effects built around photographs, and even negatives (or xrays), but has there been any spooky effects built around a haunted camera? Given that old cameras and film required a long (and pitch black) development process, taking a picture and seeing a spirit on the photo or some other supernatural appearance would be out of the question. But what if the back of the camera could be open, the shutter left open, and a flashlight projected through the lense so some silhouette appears in the projection...maybe a number, or a symbol. As if the camera remembers what it's seen in the past.

It's probably been done. I always seem to come late to the party with regards to thinking up new plots.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
It would make a great visual/spooky Q&A... people pose for the camera and "merely think of" their question...flash goes off, and out pops a photo of the answer/solution to their question... a haunted polaroid...
I've asked to be banned
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On May 3, 2014, Wizard of Oz wrote:
Nice finds!
Question, I know there have been quite a few effects built around photographs, and even negatives (or xrays), but has there been any spooky effects built around a haunted camera? Given that old cameras and film required a long (and pitch black) development process, taking a picture and seeing a spirit on the photo or some other supernatural appearance would be out of the question. But what if the back of the camera could be open, the shutter left open, and a flashlight projected through the lense so some silhouette appears in the projection...maybe a number, or a symbol. As if the camera remembers what it's seen in the past.

It's probably been done. I always seem to come late to the party with regards to thinking up new plots.

Old Poloroid cameras work.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1183 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
That doll carriage was a great find! Pure creepiness.
Bob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » A few spooky items (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL