The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » My Invention on Quirky (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
I'd appreciate it if folks here could take a look at my "Sunny Window Solar Heater" invention on Quirky and if you like the idea and think it has merit, vote for it.
https://www.quirky.com/invent/1117730/ac......ctronics
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Looks interesting Jim. Have you made a prototype of it? If so, what do you think are its strengths and weaknesses at this point?

I believe Café member Payne is involved with an alternate energy business. Maybe you could reach out to him.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Quote:
On May 6, 2014, landmark wrote:
Looks interesting Jim. Have you made a prototype of it? If so, what do you think are its strengths and weaknesses at this point?

No prototype, just the idea. Right now it's beyond my ability as a backyard/ kitchen mechanic to assemble one of these. I did purchase the Sun Rocket mentioned and it really does get water to boil in about an hour with direct sunlight. The solar thermos tubes are relatively inexpensive at this point, but only just now being put to use heating up swimming pool water. Making a small window unit that just helps save heating costs in the winter is a first step to making a large one to heat and cool an entire house on solar energy. It needs to combine with storing heat as melted salts to take over when the sun goes down, but that's an advanced stage version. For now, I just want to get this small unit into being manufactured by someone who believes in it as a future industry.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » My Invention on Quirky (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL