The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Inscrutable Chapter 2 by Joe Barry and Alakzam Magic - DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1695 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
Hey guys ! Really excited about this one : Inscrutable Chapter 2 by Joe Barry and Alakzam Magic - DVD

On this DVD Joe shares more of his favourite creations. Inscrutable 2 is packed with new material.

New Moves & Routines
10 cards for Levante
Thanks to Vernon
Simple Card at Number
Eighth Son
The Spread Cross Force
Think
Pseudo Hold'em
End play
Freedom stacking
Psychic spectator
Intuitive selection

Bonus Moves
Flip double lift
Thanks To Higham

I bought Inscrutable Chapter 1 last time and I must say it is one of my best purchases ! Seeing this one comes out makes me extremely excited !

The first version contains some self working and direct card effects . Mostly mentalist . Also , I must mention that the DVD is packaged really well , sort of like the EMC packaging style . Those who owns Chapter 1 will know . Everything is so well put together .

However , when I saw the trailer , the resolution seem to be quite low , but still I can understand what is going on . MJM is one of the first to put this out ? Haven't saw this on Penguin Magic yet , but I will definitely be giving this a shot .

Joe Barry seem to have a style of looking at the cards right in front of the spectator during the middle of the effect . I personally feel it is ok . I adapted his style and tried the effects on Chapter 1 to some magicians , they are all impressed by it . From the contents , I think this might be a good purchase . However , under the bonus move it has a move called Flip double lift . Well I hope it is a good variation of the flip double . I see many DVDs which has some old moves put into the Bonus section and it turns out that the effect taught I the Bonus section is something I have already learnt before . Hope this move is another good variation of the Flip Double .

All in all , I am really excited about this . This is one of the DVDs which I will certainly take a look at . Since his first DVD is really good ( to me ) I have really high expectation on this one . Looking forward to this ...

Anyone has any thoughts about this new release ?
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of papawemba
Sound good ! I hope tricks will be easier than part 1:-)
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Quote:
On May 8, 2014, papawemba wrote:
Sound good ! I hope tricks will be easier than part 1:-)

Well actually Part 1 is ok ... I mean mostly is self working and not that difficult . However mamorization of the correct steps is needed for some of the edfects ...

- Albert Einstein
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of papawemba
Many people say many "self-working" in part 1, but I can't see one !
Not technically difficult but need (very) good audience management, or part of the trick is self-working only if each step of the trick is successful (else harder stuff going on).
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Ya I agree to yours . Again this fits for certain type of people only . For me , I just play around with the audience . I let them be involved . So to distract them by asking them sign the cards or whatsoever . As you know some of the magic are self working but requires you to secretly do some Linley thing or spread Co**t ... Yeah ... Need to control the audience a bit ...

- Albert Einstein
S-Branham
View Profile
Elite user
Folsom, CA
456 Posts

Profile of S-Branham
Penguin Magic has it in stock and shipping!

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S17925

This qualifies for PENGUIN FLAT-PACKâ„¢ (World-wide free shipping)
sjrw
View Profile
Special user
571 Posts

Profile of sjrw
Anyone received theirs yet?
I'd be curious to hear any thoughts or reviews.
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1524 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Mines for sale £18 GPB, no trades
inaciolino
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of inaciolino
Quote:
On Jun 1, 2014, matt.magicman wrote:
Mines for sale £18 GPB, no trades

How does it compare with the first set of DVDs?
hornet
View Profile
Veteran user
Herts, England
374 Posts

Profile of hornet
Anybody got this yet? Quite liked the effect on the latest Alakazam Vlog
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Inscrutable Chapter 2 by Joe Barry and Alakzam Magic - DVD (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL