The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » My Street Cups and Balls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magician Shaun
View Profile
Special user
Huntington BCH, CA
924 Posts

Profile of Magician Shaun
This is my Street Cups and Balls. It is my handling of the Vernon/Gazzo routine. This is the routine I have done literally thousands of times. I am working on transitioning the vanishes from the French Drop (which I think is terrible here) to a Crossing the Gaze Technique taught by Tom Stone in his Penguin Lecture video. I think it looks much better.

Here is a video of my Cups and Balls performed for a small crowd at a Festival in Atlanta: http://youtu.be/k8XznoqdXzI

Constructive criticism is always appreciated.

@Kent Gunn may notice that I do not do the 2-0-2 bit, I hope you are proud!
AaronSterling
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of AaronSterling
I think the most important thing you could do would be to cultivate a larger-than-life personality. Be as interested in those cups as Bill Nye is interested in science, you see what I mean? If you are interested, the audience will find you interesting.

Or, looking at it from the flip side, it feels as though you are reserved, holding back. You are performing while still giving fks. Give zero.
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
The routine is ok and long enough. I had the feeling that the audience was not with you. you were exspecting reactions which you did not get. that felt a bit awkward.

it is not always needed to do a french drop. just put the ball away and when you come back drop it in the other hand.

why do you have a rope so close to your table while the audience is further away?

if you let the boy help let him stand next to you. this way he does not block the view for the audience. you even talked to him more privatly. the audience was not in it. you had me lost there. everything you do is for the whole audience. there is a moment in the beginning that you walk back, and talk, to the table. nobody could here you and you loose interest, you give them a chance to move.

last thing if you ask for money hold the hat and stand in the middle. you blocked the view to the hat. by looking at the people they feel watched. if you let them do it you lose money. iether stand behind the table or in front. be clear where the money should go.

HAVE FUN
kentfgunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Merritt Island FL
1639 Posts

Profile of kentfgunn
Shaun,

I'm just glad you left that sequence out. I couldn't see much in the video, because of the angle the thing was shot at. I'm glad you have the footage, it gives you a chance to evaluate your own real-world performance.

I don't know enough about you or that particular performing venue to make any real critique. I suspect, in the real world, you're a much, much better performer than me.

Keep on performing! I think you're doing good stuff out there!

Kent
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
I thought you had a nice interaction with the audience, and you have a genuine affection for the children that is very appealing. I think if you encourage the audience to move up to the rope line, the impact of your personality and warmth will be exponentially increased.
fireperformer911
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of fireperformer911
Magic Shaun I would recommend to you and anyone else wanting to street perform to take a class with Gazzo he will set you on right track. If you dence like me take 3. Other than that Robert Blake is spot on.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » My Street Cups and Balls (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL