The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » coin under glass (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

blurr
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of blurr
Does anyone do coin under glass, like the card under glass effect? I have been experimenting with a coin to shoulder routine. Where a coin appears 3 times on someones shoulder. I would like to study more routines of this nature. please let me know if you can help.

Blurr
"Someday men will look back and say I was the start of the 20th century."
---Jack the Ripper
Tony
View Profile
Veteran user
Los Angeles
303 Posts

Profile of Tony
I like Sol Stone's version of coin through glass. Check out Troy Hooser's DesTROYers--he has quite a few routines. Of course, don't leave out the original The New Modern Coin Magic by J.B. Bobo.

Regards,
Tony
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1095 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
You can check out Dylan Sardo's The Mother Load Book. There are many phases in this routine. Smile
Bernard Sim
MAGICTOM
View Profile
Veteran user
Dallas, Tx
354 Posts

Profile of MAGICTOM
I use Bobo's coin through glass all of the time, its a great little simple trick that
is one of the few in my rep that I have NEVER screwed up. Definately simple, but gets a good reaction. (and virtually failproof)

Tom Smile
No Man is his craft's master the first day!
J.B. Bobo
blurr
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of blurr
Quote:
On 2002-06-04 18:10, Bernard Sim wrote:
You can check out Dylan Sardo's The Mother Load Book. There are many phases in this routine. Smile

Who carries this book?

Blurr
---Jack the Ripper
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1095 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
Bernard Sim
wayman
View Profile
Special user
England - Sunderland
589 Posts

Profile of wayman
I believe there is an old video out with Al Goshman doing a coin under glass routine on it (maybe Stars of magic series but can't remember)

He goes into depth on it and gives good advice on the Strong misdirection that he uses.
( its very strong and funny because as he explains how it is done, the two lady spectators still cant follow the coins!!)
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
The Goshman video isn't a Stars of Magic release. It was published by his company, Magic By Gosh (which is also the title of the video). This routine may also be found in his book by the same title.

It is an excellent routine, and well worth learning.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
1977 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
A great version of this idea is Dai Vernon's "Cocktail Time", which can be found in the July-August 1984 issue of Richard's Almanac (pg 225). The Professor often performed this one impromptu.

Larry Jennings also had a very good version, but I can't locate the reference at the moment.

Regards,
Thomas Wayne
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
wayman
View Profile
Special user
England - Sunderland
589 Posts

Profile of wayman
Thanks Scott, just couldnt remember the name!! Found it now. Is it just me or does Goshman's false transfer look great?
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
HA!

No, I don't think it's just you--the man did the toss vanish better than anyone in the world. Even when he wasn't holding anything and just going through the motions, you'd swear he'd just thrown something across! One of the true legends of close up.

Those "in the know" used to say that magicians came to the Castle to see Vernon, but laymen came to see Goshman.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
blurr
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of blurr
I got a copy of Goshmans Coin under Saltshaker routine. The part with the jumbo coin under the glass is a killer! It nailed me the first time I saw it. This is a true lesson in misdirection. Worth the study of every magician.

Blurr
---Jack the Ripper
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
Goshman's technique of repeat loading of coins under salt shakers was excellent. It was based on Dai Vernon's Free and Unlimited Coinage of Silver from the Dai Vernon Book of magic. If you work in a restaurant that has table cloths on the table, this is a killer piece. However, as many restaurants don't, it's challenging to do the loads without talking. I think that's why Card under the Glass is far more popular today.
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » coin under glass (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL