The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Slush Powder? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RudyC
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of RudyC
Does anyone know if they sell slush powder in capsules? I could be mistaken but I recall a while back they would sell them in capsules.
Unfortunately, I can't locate any.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
It is possible to buy EMPTY CAPSULES. I imagine that a pharmacist could order them. I remember using them in high school (65 years ago!) for some sort of experiment with osmosis.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
latentimage
View Profile
Elite user
No More Room In Hell..
438 Posts

Profile of latentimage
Check Amazon. I recently ordered about 500 empty gelatin capsules for something I am working on. I think they were about 4 dollars. They should also have them in stock at a place like Walgreens or CVS.

Best,

Allen
"Come to the edge," he said, They Said "We Are Afraid," "Come to the edge," he said, They Came, He Pushed Them...And They Flew. -Apollinaire

"If there be a skeptical star, I was born under it. Yet I have lived all my days in complete astonishment." -W. MacNeile Dixon
RudyC
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of RudyC
Thank you both for your advice. Would the powder take longer to solidify since it's in a
capsule?
latentimage
View Profile
Elite user
No More Room In Hell..
438 Posts

Profile of latentimage
Actually, I can't really picture slush powder working if it's in a capsule form. At least not very well. Capsules don't really dissolve very fast in water, and the amount that you could put into even the largest capsule won't be very much. I don't know what trick you are using this for, but you might want to consider using some other sort of delivery system. Maybe a hollow wand or something? If you can give more information, I'm sure we can help figure something out to solve the problem.

Best,

Allen
"Come to the edge," he said, They Said "We Are Afraid," "Come to the edge," he said, They Came, He Pushed Them...And They Flew. -Apollinaire

"If there be a skeptical star, I was born under it. Yet I have lived all my days in complete astonishment." -W. MacNeile Dixon
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Right, Allen! Capsules must dissolve (and it's not a fast "operation") The OP never mentioned how he planned to use the stuff. LARGE capsiules are available, but to drop a capsule filled with slush powder into a quantity of water would, I think, be an exercise in futility.

Excuse me, I must get back to my new floating elephant ides. I am planning to have a taxidermist "stuff" an elephant (deceased of course). We will inflate the beast with helium. But to get enough helium into the elephant so that she floats, all four feet (and trunk) stick out at right angles. Oh well, back to the drawing board. maybe if I put the helium in a big capsule......
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
As an alternative check out the Slush Wand at www.laflinmagicstore.com it allows you to start with an empty cup.

http://www.laflinmagicstore.com/ProductD......de=MSPDR
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
I use a TT with a Flip Tip. It's a TT that you use to load a silk sponge ball or powder
Works great.
I bought it at a meeting lecture but unfortunately I can't remember which lecturer.
Ihor
KarstenMeyerhoff
View Profile
New user
Germany
92 Posts

Profile of KarstenMeyerhoff
Hi RudyC, you may want to have a look at this thread, too:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&forum=4
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Slush Powder? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL