The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Canadian Association of Magicians! » » Karl Hein Lecture Tour (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5472 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
The Can-Am Conjuring Lecture Series presents...
Karl Hein

May 13th, 2014 - Victoria, BC
May 14th, 2014 - Calgary, Alberta
May 15th, 2014 - Winnipeg, Manitoba
May 16th, 2014 - Mission, BC
May 17th, 2014 - Seattle, WA
May 18th, 2014 – Eugene, OR
May 19th, 2014 – Portland, OR

Karl Hein is known all over the world for his amazing card handling abilities and his naturally disarming performance style. He has performed over 100 lectures in more than 15 countries and has authored many instructional DVDs including “The Heinstein Shuffle”, “Heiny 500”, “Heinstein’s Dream”, “Hein’s Catch Up” and “The Heinous Collection”. If you are looking for original and entertaining routines developed by an experienced professional magician than this lecture is for you. Karl will use these routines to teach sleights, flourishes and principles of magic and misdirection that both beginners and seasoned professionals can appreciate. More importantly, you will learn how to “Go With the Flow” as Karl explains how to change his routines depending on your skill level, audience and performing conditions.

If card tricks aren’t all you’re interested in, you’ll be glad to know that Karl specializes in performing for family audiences. Don’t miss out on learning commercial routines that bring coins, ropes, bills, and cream filled goodies to life. Even more valuable are Karl's thoughts on performing and his tips on how to make a great living performing shows for all ages.

For more information please visit http://nwringoffire.com/lecturers.html
Site specific details available via PM or email
robvh
View Profile
Elite user
Calgary, AB
440 Posts

Profile of robvh
The Calgary lecture is on Wednesday, May 14th at 7:00pm at The Vanishing Rabbit magic shop.

Details can be found at www.calgarymagic.com. Tickets can be pre-purchased on the website or you can pay at the door. I hope to see you there!
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
"If card tricks aren’t all you’re interested in, you’ll be glad to know that Karl specializes in performing for family audiences. Don’t miss out on learning commercial routines that bring coins, ropes, bills, and cream filled goodies to life. Even more valuable are Karl's thoughts on performing and his tips on how to make a great living performing shows for all ages. "

I have to say having just seen this lecture it does NOT deliver on that aspect. It is 98% close up cards, coins or bills. There was a throw away, albeit cute, bit of business that would play nice with families.
Now as far as the material he did present, he presents it well, it is good stuff for close up. But there was no ropes, and cream filled goodies to life. He said we could talk about family audience stuff, but he didn't structure nor allow that to happen in the lecture.

If you want a good close up card and coin lecture Karl has some nice stuff to offer, but as a family performer there was not really anything offered that fit that despite the description of the lecture.
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
robvh
View Profile
Elite user
Calgary, AB
440 Posts

Profile of robvh
I enjoyed his lecture but you make a very fair point about there having been little emphasis on effects for younger audiences. I wonder if he focused on other things because of the audience makeup. I thought he seemed quite open to questions. However, he naturally moves at such a quick pace that if you don't jump in he could easily be on to the next thing. I do wish we could have seen the elements you mentioned.
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
It just felt since it was clearly put in the lecture description it should have had some of it in it despite what he perceived the audience to be.
Randy Burtis
www.calgarymagician.com
Heinstein
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of Heinstein
Hey Randy,
As Rob mentioned I adjust my lecture to fit the needs of the room. It also changes when performing internationally because certain cream filled goodies can't be found everywhere and some props aren't easy to travel with. Furthermore, I have found it difficult to perform children's routines at lectures unless there is a kid present because you really don't get the full impact of the routine. If you got my lecture notes those routines are written up in the notes. Also, pay attention to Bits of Business which is great business advice for doing family shows.

Thanks for the feedback though as I will remember to change my lecture description for international tours. I hope you will still entertained as I know I had a great time in Calgary. I hope to be back soon.
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Hi Karl,

As mentioned the close up stuff was solid, it was just based off the description given I felt it didn't hit that mark. I didn't get the notes, you might want to mention at the lecture that those types of routines are in there.I would have been happy to snag the notes if I had known that Smile
Randy Burtis
www.calgarymagician.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Canadian Association of Magicians! » » Karl Hein Lecture Tour (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL