The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » TT (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicjoe
View Profile
Special user
758 Posts

Profile of magicjoe
The new Vernet TT that I got seems to be longer then normal. The bill for my bill switch doesn't come out as easy. Has anyone had this problem. And or what do you recommend?
Thanks
Joe
Craig Logan
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
541 Posts

Profile of Craig Logan
If it's too long, couldn't you simply cut the base of it so it's shorter?
"A wizard is not to be made in a day." -Professor Hoffmann (Modern Magic)
magicjoe
View Profile
Special user
758 Posts

Profile of magicjoe
I have cut the ones I have now. I figured before I buy more I would get the correct ones so I didn't have to cut them.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I learned the hundred dollar switch w/out a TT. You can use the Dr. Daley "sw***h.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Taterini
View Profile
Special user
604 Posts

Profile of Taterini
I had the same issue and have found that Vernet has completely changed their line since I last bought a TT. It kind of makes it hard to purchase the right one unless you are standing in a brick and mortar magic store and I don't have that luxury where I live. The guys at Penquin helped me find the right one after a bit of trial and error.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
I have the opposite problem, huge hands and they just won't go on. I have tried the old boiling water etc but nothing seems to enlarge them enough.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
magicjoe
View Profile
Special user
758 Posts

Profile of magicjoe
Dick

I'm open to learning it without a gimmick but don't you feel "dirty" after?
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I personally prefer the "tipless" changes, but to make it easier to remove the folded bill from a tip, put a piece of Scotch tape inside the TT on the side where the pad of your thumb goes. The bill will slide smoothly in and out that way.

Jim
magicjoe
View Profile
Special user
758 Posts

Profile of magicjoe
J-Mac
Thanks I'll try that for sure.
martysh
View Profile
Special user
Greenville,SC
526 Posts

Profile of martysh
Wow bigger...finally....i have done this for forty years....at 62...bill in big tip is no problem...just need to have moist finger and catch up piece of the billl and it will slide out for you......i have to spit it up ....a lot at my age
mrty
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Quote:
On May 15, 2014, george1953 wrote:
I have the opposite problem, huge hands and they just won't go on. I have tried the old boiling water etc but nothing seems to enlarge them enough.

George:::PM me!!! It's possible, I may be able to help.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2536 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
A tip (pun intended!) that you probably know anyway for when using a TT for a bill switch.

Put Sellotape inside the tip - it makes it much smoother, the notes are less likely to 'snag' and it cuts down on the sticky/sweaty aspect that goes on inside a plastic tip.

I've always used Vernets and wasn't aware they had changed design. That said, I bought a few of them a couple of years back; so I probably don't have the newer model.

I certainly don't want to change the topic under discussion, but wondered if anyone had used the Vernet rubber tip?

For anyone interested in a little history, this gives an insight into how/when Vernet came into being:

http://www.vernetmagic.com/index.php?opt......Itemid=2

In March, I went to Argentina - the most beautiful country that I've visited; and have fallen in love with the place, and it's wonderful people. What a shame I didn't have time to write to Vernet and try to visit their factory. Maybe next time - God willing.
Barry Allen

Over 14 years have passed - and still missing Abra Magazine arriving every Saturday morning.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » TT (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL