The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Suggestions (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicgraham
View Profile
Regular user
Mesa Arizona
138 Posts

Profile of magicgraham
Last month some of the great people here gave me some wonderful ideas ths month the church has asked me to perform 8 shows in 2 weeks and I am looking for a idea or two for a message routine that promotes the power and the importance of prayer that will be presented to the children at church

Its so rewarding to perform for these kids so happy they are on the right path in life
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
Duane Laflin sells a silk cabby and has a great demo video up for a gospel presentation discussing prayer. I liked it so much I bought it and look forward to doing it soon.

It right here at the top of the page: http://www.laflinmagicstore.com/SearchRe......0&page=3
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
David Ginn and Duane Laflin both sell products that would be workable for you. You may even be able to find some gently used ones here on the Café.
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
Jonty
View Profile
Regular user
England, UK
167 Posts

Profile of Jonty
Duane Laflin has an amazing set of 3 dvd's called the Art of Gospel Magic, there are loads of wonderful ideas an explanations on there, I'd highly recommend them. Smile
Jonty the Magician
Children's Entertainer in West Yorkshire

www.magicadabra.co.uk
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Let's not also forget Barry Mitchell, who has some wonderful products that can be used both in the church and in secular settings.
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
Bryan Drake Show
View Profile
Regular user
Alabama
125 Posts

Profile of Bryan Drake Show
Is this two weeks out? Or 8 shows over the course of 2 weeks?
magicgraham
View Profile
Regular user
Mesa Arizona
138 Posts

Profile of magicgraham
8 shows over a course of 2 weeks

David Laflin emailed me about the silk caddy routine yes its a great routine
Bryan Drake Show
View Profile
Regular user
Alabama
125 Posts

Profile of Bryan Drake Show
Ok good, that's much more room too work with lol. I'll tell you something I have been using for years that has a huge impact is Healed and Sealed by Anders Modern. Probably one of the most visceral retains to something so simple. Can put such a great message behind it. I do this on stage and it's something people talk about for a long time afterwards.
jamiedoyle
View Profile
Special user
Lafayette, IN
619 Posts

Profile of jamiedoyle
Roger Bus has a routine for the Chinese Sticks and prayer on his site:
http://www.magicbob.org/FCM/ChineseSticks.pdf
Jamie Doyle
International President - Fellowship of Christian Magicians
jamiedoylemagic.com
magicgraham
View Profile
Regular user
Mesa Arizona
138 Posts

Profile of magicgraham
WOW thanks again for the ideas people in this part of magic Café are so giving thank you
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Thanks Jamie for the above link above- "Chinese Sticks", Pom Pom Pole, and other stick/sting effects have been used for years to illustrate prayers "going up" and then being answered coming down, etc.

I did not even remember I posted the above routine several years ago. The line drawing of me at the top right of the page was done as a complete surprise and given to me by the talented tattoo artist "Raven"- who is also a longtime member of Ring 211 in Grand Rapids. No, I did not have it inked on my arm...

We have posted several other Gospel routines in writing at www.ChristianMagician.org for those who prefer to read an idea rather than watch just videos. Some were also posted at "The New Tops" web/email virtual magic magazine several years ago.
magicgraham
View Profile
Regular user
Mesa Arizona
138 Posts

Profile of magicgraham
Thank you MagicBus !
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
I just thought of something while reading this thread, maybe you might like it or maybe not. Anyways, there is an effect called Timber or Haunted Timber and a prayer message could be attributed to it along the lines of... When we experience difficulties or obstacles in our life, praying about it is the best thing we could do but as we know God will answer our prayers or remove obstacles in our life in His time and when it is the exact right time to do so. Something like that... Thoughts??

There has been discussion about this effect here on the café (search should help) and below is a link to a video demo of one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67OrihuVXwc

Glen
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
It's interesting that the Café setup has so many different methods to display the location of members, but many members do not take advantage of it.

I'm sometimes surprised to find out that a magician on the Café lives very near me.

I have tons of gospel magic illusions I'd be willing to share, and I can't because of the lack of information of were anyone lives; very frustrating.

magicgraham, if you let us know your whereabouts, maybe you would benefit from your neighboring magician assisting you; you have no location under your user name and no website on your profile; maybe you prefer it that way; in that case never mind....
magicgraham
View Profile
Regular user
Mesa Arizona
138 Posts

Profile of magicgraham
Howie I will update it now
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Thanks for updating the profile; unfortunately, we are not close enough to loan each other tricks

Buzz
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Suggestions (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL